Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• Helena/Malc, what is the honest reason why the new saver tariffs are not being offered to existing customers?
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Devonjem wrote: »
    Helena/Malc, what is the honest reason why the new saver tariffs are not being offered to existing customers?

Hi Devonjem,

It's a decision taken by the business and adds to our overall tariff package.

We don't have specific information on these decisions, we're aware of the unhappiness on this thread and others and have been feeding this back as promised.

We're here to help as much as we can, but we're just not important enough to know the ins and outs.

Thank you

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Sosumi
    Sosumi Posts: 195 Forumite
    Devonjem wrote: »

Helena/Malc, what is the honest reason why the new saver tariffs are not being offered to existing customers?

The most obvious reason would be that E.ON is not enamoured of the logic that it's a good idea to pay MSE £60 in commission for every one of its own customers who applies to be put on to a tariff that's hundreds of pounds cheaper. :cool:
  • Quite likely Sosumi, coupled with the increased revenue from existing customers who get put on the standard variable tariff after the fix ends. It would be refreshing if Eon just gave the honest reason rather than trying to hide it or say nothing about it (i'm not saying you are hiding it Helena).
  • I don't use facebook or twitter. Those that do - is there some way to get word out?
  • Sosumi wrote: »
    The most obvious reason would be that E.ON is not enamoured of the logic that it's a good idea to pay MSE £60 in commission for every one of its own customers who applies to be put on to a tariff that's hundreds of pounds cheaper. :cool:

They could've let us change directly on the EON website, without having to pay anyone commission.
  • Matt17
    Matt17 Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Sosumi wrote: »

They could make it available to switch to on their own website though. That way they would retain customers without having to pay the £60 commission?
  • greatgimpo
    greatgimpo Posts: 1,256 Forumite
    Anybody hazard a guess at which is the greatest:

Amount of profit loss from existing customers leaving

versus

Amount of profit from customers moving to variable without realising
    (or too apathetic to do anything).
  • perky_v wrote: »
    They could've let us change directly on the EON website, without having to pay anyone commission.

Instead the eon website misleadingly lists best deals without any mention that there is a much cheaper offer available to new customers. Ofgem really needs to look into this misleading practice.
  • Instead the eon website misleadingly lists best deals without any mention that there is a much cheaper offer available to new customers. Ofgem really needs to look into this misleading practice.

Misleading indeed
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure