PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2011 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Please may I join March's Grocery Challenge. I had a massive overspend in February, so am hoping that I won't spend much in March.

please put me down for £150 and wish me luck!

thanks
    Jan GC £267.47/280, Fuel:£40.60/£40; Cafes: £28.35!!/£20, NSD: ?/20
    Walk /10miles/week,
    LBM £14,000 :eek: 01/02/18. Loan: £14960.40/4 years

Emergency: / £1000, Vouchers: One4All £20, HairSalon £50, Caffe Nero £15.62, Pizza Express £90, Other Restaurant £60. DS1 owes camera/car ins.£800.
  • Pernicious
    Pernicious Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    Hello,

Can I please join in again? My target is £100 for the month.

Money is very tight again this month so I really need to stick to it, however I failed last month's at £150, so goodness knows how well I will do this time...but I am determined to try harder.

I have made a meal plan & will hopefully stick to it this time, I'm still not sure what happened last month!

I popped to Mr T's for the first shop of the month & managed to spend about £60 already but I think that's 99% of the meat needed for the month, so fingers crossed it's doable...will dig out the receipt & update my sig later.
    :idea:Debt at July 2012: £12,862.57 :eek:
    :dance:Current Debt: £0 :j
    100% paid off!
    :think: Savings Goal for November 2016: £5000 :cool:
    :D Current Savings: £1176.24 _party_
    23.52% Saved!
  • ChocClare
    ChocClare Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    Hello again, fellow challengees.

Could you please put me down again for £340 this month?

It seems achievable.

*gulp*

I hope :D

Good luck everyone. I shall try to lurk less and post more this month (you have been warned...)
  • janie-h
    janie-h Posts: 78 Forumite
    Hi all :wave:

Please could I be put down for £250.00 for March

Really need to restock the freezer, but have decided to keep the same budget as usual and see how I do,

Good luck to everyone ;)
  • tracey_h_2
    tracey_h_2 Posts: 57 Forumite
    Hi All.

Thanks to the lovley ladies that run the thread.:A

Please can i have a budget of £300for this month please.

Should be fairly realistic as my freezer is full to the brim, cupboards look full and fridge is bursting as i have stocked up by going over in my feb challenge. :o I was going to have a budget of £375 for this month but have already done the shop i intended to do this week as im working nights and have loads of jobs to get done in the house. Dont think Feb was helped by having half term either!! Kids eat too much when they are at home in the daytime!!

Have spent the last 2 days batch cooking, Made fritatta for me for lunches through the week, Made a huge pot of stew for my DH for dinners - enough for 4 dinners. Roasted a chicken, used for roast sunday and was enough scraps to add to a big rice dish for lunches. Huge pot of mince for spag bog and lasagne which i will freeze. Fairly happy with my meal plan for this week, shouldnt need to buy much at all, maybe just milk, eggs and veg for me this week as im all stocked for most things.

Wishing you all a sucessful month.

Txx
    £365 in 365 days Dec10-Dec11 Member #36 £92/365.
    Member of the Thrifty Gifty - Money making and Organised for Christmas 2011 boards
    Grocery Challenge Jan £337.17/£400
    Feb £374.24/£250:o March £27.04/£300
  • Pink_Giraffe
    Pink_Giraffe Posts: 195 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello! Please could you put me down for £110 again this month? I have already spent a fair bit, but this includes a lot of meat and staples so hopefully shouldn't need much more apart from fresh stuff. Got some really nice strawberries in Waitrose yesterday for 79p a box, no idea why they were reduced as there's nothing wrong with them! Don't normally buy strawberries from the supermarket so well pleased with 79p for a treat!
  • Candy_Belle
    Candy_Belle Posts: 123 Forumite

Morning!:j

Just a small spend to report from yesterday from A**a of £3.50 on Washing up liquid, Pepermint and green tea.

Have a good day everyone x
    Grocery Challange for DH, Me & 2 Fussy Cats (inc Grocerys, Cleaning Products & Cat Food)
    G/C -May £177.04/£235.00 Apr £237.79/£235.00 Mar £226.16 /£235.00
    G/C - Jan £248.52/£235.00 - Feb£214.72/£235.00
    NSD -May 3/31 Apr 10/30 Mar 3/31 Feb 6/28 NSD Jan 3/31
  • mummyroysof3
    mummyroysof3 Posts: 4,566 Forumite
    having my 1st shop of the month delivered today, aiming for 3 deliveries of £100 each or less then £75 for top ups and bits i get from farmfoods/heren that are cheaper than tesco lol sounds possible...we will see
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi peeps :wave:

i originally started my March challenge mid Feb due to pay dates but i`m so fed up with being out of synch with everyone else that i`ve added the spends so far to my yearly total and i`m going back to doing the challenge calendar monthly. I don`t have to add in an extra 4 weeks somewhere either later in the year, tbh i hadn`t quite worked out how i was going to do that bit so i`ve saved myself a job there :D

Please can i be down for £120 food and £50 pets please MrsM and a big thanks to Pink, Rosieben and MrsM for all the work that you put into the GC thread each month :A It is much appreciated.

Jammy dodger - Sorry to hear about your cat, its always hard when we lose one of our furry friends (((HUGS))) thinking of you.

Perrywinkle - Thanks for posting the link to the ice cream, it looks nice and easy so i shall have a go at that sometime soon.

Good luck for March everyone!

SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • Morning all,

Another spend for me. Dh got 4pts of milk on the way home yesterday so that's another £1.49 to my total. I need to make another trip to A*DA today. I am hoping not to spend too much as I only need a few bits and bobs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure