Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CoconutP
    • By CoconutP 19th May 19, 5:59 AM
    • 16Posts
    • 5Thanks
    CoconutP
    Notice Period enforceable?
    • 19th May 19, 5:59 AM
    Notice Period enforceable? 19th May 19 at 5:59 AM
    Hello,
    Wanted some advice.
    I started a new job, and after a few weeks into it, i know its not for me. So i have decided to hand my notice in and asked what my notice period is. I have been told its 3 months??
    I looked at my job offer letter and there is a notice period clause which just says ‘notice period to be confirmed. See terms.’ But I didnt recieve any terms with the job offer letter. And now I have been given a ‘statement of written particulars’ which says my notice period is 3 months (employer says they had up to 2 months to give it to me, so its still within that time frame).
    Where do I stand on this? Any advice?
    Thanks
Page 3
    • CoconutP
    • By CoconutP 22nd May 19, 10:47 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    CoconutP
    Never claimed benefits and dont intend to. I have a side business which I can just go back to
    • sportsarb
    • By sportsarb 22nd May 19, 10:48 AM
    • 863 Posts
    • 589 Thanks
    sportsarb
    Dont have another job to go to. I just hate this job so much I just want to quit
    Originally posted by CoconutP
    You know, if your job is making you ill, bringing your mood down, maybe a visit to your GP would be merited.
    • CoconutP
    • By CoconutP 22nd May 19, 1:52 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    CoconutP
    Had meeting with manager and told him I am giving 1 week statutory notice. He grumbled a bit but then accepted it!
    Success!!!
    Thanks for help guys
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

199Posts Today

3,602Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Snap post #BBCOurNextPM poll: Who do you think did best. (I had to have two in one category, so I picked randoml? https://t.co/gYTNBBn3SP

• Emily Maitliss being v mean to Boris using his own past quotes against him on Heathrow, having an election when lea? https://t.co/4baNAlmMid

• Wow - impressive performance from the 15 year old climate change activist. Not sure I'd have had such confidence when still at school.

• Follow Martin