IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Received 'Notice Of Intended Court Proceedings' & confused about next step

Options
Hi there,

Many thanks for all the useful information posted in the forums regarding parking fines. I have read through as much as possible and have now received a 'Notice of Intended Court Proceedings' and I'm little confused as to what i shoudl do with my next step.

My case seems to be a little different to most i have read about on here and I'm happy to detail this below?

I'm concerned about any potential court proceedings against me

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread and asking questions covered in the FAQ

#2 in the FAQ covers court procedure from receipt from a lbcca (if that's what you have) right through to the hearing

Go there now to understand this, establish for yourself whether or not you have a lbcca or a debt collecting threatening letter and take it from there

(Debt collectors are covered in #4 of the FAQ)
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Its almost certain that your case isnt that different, expecially because the newbies thread tells you that the details often dont matter.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    Options
    Here you go https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

Post 2 covers your situation
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    J_M_ wrote: »
    Hi there,

Many thanks for all the useful information posted in the forums regarding parking fines. I have read through as much as possible and have now received a 'Notice of Intended Court Proceedings' and I'm little confused as to what i shoudl do with my next step.

My case seems to be a little different to most i have read about on here and I'm happy to detail this below?

I'm concerned about any potential court proceedings against me

Can anyone help?

Cheers

You need to tell us a lot more.

About the event
    Which parking company
    Who is this letter from and what does it say

Help us to understand so we can help you
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    And put the words Notice Of Intended Court Proceedings into 'search this forum' (and change the default search to SHOW POSTS, not threads) and you get 300 results.

Surely many of them will be exactly like your case. Search the forum, first.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I had a letter from Debt Recovery Plus stating Notice Of Intended Court Proceedings, which was a lie who sent you your letter?
  • J_M_
    J_M_ Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Thankyou all for replying so swiftly to my post. I have read and re-read the newbies FAQ as well as going through a load of other posts and I'm still a little confused about next step for me having received a LBCCA. Here's some info on my case

- I orginally got a ticket for not "clearly" displaying a valid parking permit for a car park at BBC Manchester. I had a valid permit for the day and it somehow slipped down my windscreen and Excel argues that this wasnt clearly on display.

- I orginally appealed to there goodwill direct about this, as i had a clear and valid reason to be there and had a permit and they refused to do anythign about this

- I then started an appeal with IAS in which i tried to lay out some sort of case. This was before i found this great forum and all the advice and examples and that i shoudlnt of bothered with my time. They obviosuly sided with the parking company.

- The parking company is Excel

What i want to know is wether i should be resposnind to the LBCAA given I have already tried a IAS appeal? And do you think i have clear grounds to win any court proceedings/appeal if they try and get it to that stage?

The "notice of intended court proceedings' letter i have received is from Excel I believe.

Thanks again in advance for any informationt that can help me with this
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    Options
    The newbies thread is pretty clear that you MUSt respond to a LBA

Yes of course you have a strong challenge: there is no commercial justification for pursuing you, once it was established that there was a valid permit, and so this was and remains a PENALTY which they cannot recover under UK law. The ruling in Parking Eye V Beavis *assists* you (although most operators claim othewise) in this matter

So, get drafting.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    have you complained to the BBC yet ? you where invited and had a permit ....

tell to cancel ... and run a story on it ;)

Ralph:cool:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The "notice of intended court proceedings' letter i have received is from Excel
    Just like the hundreds of others you found when you did the keyword search I suggested, then:
    put the words Notice Of Intended Court Proceedings into 'search this forum' (and change the default search to SHOW POSTS, not threads) and you get 300 results.

Surely many of them will be exactly like your case. Search the forum, first.
    So (as long as you don't read YEARS OLD threads) you have a wealth of info as to how to respond.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure