IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Euro car park letter - 1st appeal rejected, any advice?

Options

Comments

• Greg1508
    Greg1508 Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 29 June 2016 at 7:48PM
    Options
    They've sent a document showing the transactions allegedly taken from the machine around the time I parked. The weird thing is, there isn't a reg number even remotely close to mine. It's so bizarre.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Not good to reveal yourself like this.

Remove your email address.

As well as all the other risks you expose yourself to, the ppcs monitor this forum and can use your thread against you
  • Greg1508
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »

Their sheet doesn't evidence you didn't pay does it? Is the sheet even headed up with the date AND location AND time?

Below the "yours sincerely" at the end of the letter, they have inserted a screenshot of the"transaction report" around the time I parked up. I can't see anything resembling my VRN, or even the price I paid. I really have no idea what is going on.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Greg1508 wrote: »
    They've sent a document showing the transactions allegedly taken from the machine around the time I parked. The weird thing is, there isn't a reg number even remotely close to mine. It's so bizarre.
    I know, but is it headed up with the location, date and times? Could it be a report from ANYWHERE?

And are you sure you didn't put in your other car VRN, like I already asked? LOADS of people do.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Greg1508
    Options
    It states the date, time, the code for the parking site. It looks like a screenshot of an Excel spreadsheet. Is there a way I can send you a pic of it?

I don't have another car so definitely didn't confuse the VRN.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    host a pic on tinypic or photobucket

so far the way you have appealed this is all wrong, because you have lost the best appeal points as keeper due to clicking on driver

if this one costs you money, you will know next time !
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    You can show stuff here on the forum but really it's not worth the effort as it really doesn't mean much, simply isn't important. This is only silly old ECP. Copy a decent POPLA appeal from those you find when you search and come and show us. No need to worry, just a shame the easiest appeal point is likely to be in the bin.

Is there a number on the sheet which looks like a partial VRN/could be yours but wrong? Normally they show part of the VRNs on the list.
  • Greg1508
    Options
    Yes it shows most of the VRN apart from the last couple of letters. None look like mine. But the strangest thing about it is that the amount I paid doesn't appear on or even near to the time I paid it. It's as if the machine has accepted my money, printed the ticket, but forgot to add it to the register.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    PPC in dubious records keeping shocker!

PPC finally admits that there was an "administrative error". (Which is probably where this will end up). ;)
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I doubt they will because he didn't keep the ticket. Sounds like an error in the machine which Euro won't admit to, but can happen if there's even a temporary interruption in the signal/system. Lost in a black hole.

I think the OP should use 'no keeper liability' anyway among the usual stuff people use in Euro POPLA appeals and make it so long and detailed that Euro don't contest it (often the case).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure