IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN this morning

This morning when i got to my car to go to work, I had a PCN from A1 Parking Services on my windscreen. Stating that the following contravention of the Parking Regulations had occured:

"out of bay"

could i have some advice on what to do about this

thanks

Comments

• Trebor16
    Trebor16 Posts: 3,061 Forumite
    ct61 wrote: »
    This morning when i got to my car to go to work, I had a PCN from A1 Parking Services on my windscreen. Stating that the following contravention of the Parking Regulations had occured:

"out of bay"

thanks

It sounds like an invoice from a private parking company (PPC). If that is the case then you can just ignore it. Make sure you read the stickies in this section about how these companies operate. But rest assured it is a scam.
    "You should know not to believe everything in media & polls by now !"

John539 2-12-14 Post 15030
  • i was parked on Private Property (a housing estate) with a sign saying:

warning
    private property
    this is a 24 hour patrolled
    no parking on roadway
    parking in allocated bays only

do i still ignore?
  • Trebor16
    As Churchill would say......"Oh yes!!"

• HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite

"out of bay"

thanks
    In a word, well two actually, - Ignore it.

Do not telephone them
    Do not write to them
    In particular do not appeal - there is no appeals mechanism worthy of the name and such appeals processes as there are are designed to obtain information from you - nothing else.
    Do not respond to any of their letters which will get increasingly threatening and then....nothing.
    What you have is not a fine and has no authority behind it. It is, in effect, nothing more than an invoice which you can chose to ignore. So, do so.

Have a good read around this forum and in particular watch the BBC Watchdog video. That video may be about MET Parking Services but it applies to all other private parking companies which is what A1 are. The company is actually based in a private house in S. Wales and run by a certain Matthew Arroyo.

Oh, and do not worry about it. You are not in trouble. :)
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • i cant post a pic of the actual sign on the wall, but,

I was parked at the end of a row of houses, not blocking access/egress or anyones driveway or pavement, there was no yellow lines or curb, access for emergency vehicles was not blocked. However i was not in a allocated bay
  • Trebor16
    i cant post a pic of the actual sign on the wall, but,

I was parked at the end of a row of houses, not blocking access/egress or anyones driveway or pavement, there was no yellow lines or curb, access for emergency vehicles was not blocked. However i was not in a allocated bay

None of it matters one jot to them. All you have to do is ignore them when they start sending their begging letters.

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 January 2012 at 1:31AM
    Why try and post a picture? We've told you it's a scam and if you were unsure then surely the Watchdog video already mentioned confirmed what we are saying?

It makes no difference if you had parked a double-decker bus sideways in 4 parent-and-child bays in a Supermarket all night. We'd tell you that it's pretty rubbish parking but it's STILL a fake PCN from a scammer and you'd just ignore it like you would unsolicited letters of any kind.

Only trouble you have is that this outfit also clamp and have been alleged to have been involved in violent altercations. A guy called Matthew (Manuel) Arroyo is the clamper:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=67398&mode=linearplus

Does the Housing Estate have clamping warning signs up, stating a clamp release fee?

Is it your Housing Estate and do you have a right to park there, defined in a lease or your Deeds? If you do then if they even touch your car they are trespassing but do check to see if clamping is ever in operation there. It will be outlawed as a crime soon but it isn't yet.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ct61
    ct61 Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 13 January 2012 at 2:13AM
    i drive a landrover with pretty big tyres, so hopefully they would really struggle to clamp it, and not to bothered about him getting violent, as being ex-army id be quite happy to give him a whack. ;-)

thank you for all your advice :D
  • Trebor16
    Of course you would be acting in self defence if you had to whack him:D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income