Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue

Comments

• All those who are still thinking of taking out the policy with 247 remember they will ignore your complaint emails/letters etc. Only way you can complain is using a online portal link that they provide, which has a 1500 words limit. If you are lucky to speak to some "customer service" staff they can't get their manager on the phone. They can't forward your complaint to complaints department either. They can't deal with your complaint either. Which means that you could be looking at several weeks before their complaints department fob you off by email. What would you do without a working boiler in the middle of a winter for all that time.

You would be wasting your money. If you need service pay anyone else. Do you own research. Swinton, British gas, Domestic and General or anyone else other than 247.
  • Just in case anyone wants to understand BER scam. You pay 247 for boiler cover. If boiler breaks down you call them under the service agreement.

This is what happens. They will send an engineer. In all probability engineer will misdiagnose and tell you that it requires this part and that part (including the main PCB ) . They will then write to you to say that all these parts cost more than their BER limit (which is another joke and story for another day).

If you then pay your local engineer you will invariably find that 247 engineer had misdiagnosed the fault and your boiler never needed such expensive parts in first place.

Now you have two options. Forget about it (lose the money paid to 247 and local engineer) or fight it out with 247. Either way you are not going to win as its going to cost you time, money and effort.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask here.
  • I just want to add the experience I have had with this company. Extremely unhelpul, rude and unprofessional customer service. [please do not join this company.
    If anything, it has caused me so much distress in last 5 days with a disabled parent and young children at home that I might have developed hypertension. I am not going to be specific here because everything was bad and it is just going to make me feel worst repeating the whole traumatic experience. The worst I have ever experienced with any other company. I just wanted to leave my feedback here so nobody else has to suffer like I did.
  • 247homerescue
    247homerescue Posts: 128 Organisation Representative
    Annie23J wrote: »
    I just want to add the experience I have had with this company. Extremely unhelpul, rude and unprofessional customer service. [please do not join this company.
    If anything, it has caused me so much distress in last 5 days with a disabled parent and young children at home that I might have developed hypertension. I am not going to be specific here because everything was bad and it is just going to make me feel worst repeating the whole traumatic experience. The worst I have ever experienced with any other company. I just wanted to leave my feedback here so nobody else has to suffer like I did.
    Dear Customer,
    We are sorry to hear that you have been left dissatisfied with the service provided by us. We at 247 Home Rescue strive to ensure a pleasant customer experience under all circumstances. If you wish to discuss the matter further please do not hesitate to contact us directly at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk.

Regards,

247 Social Media Team
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
    We are verified representatives of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for us to post in response to queries about the company so that we can help solve issues. You can see our name on the Verified Companies list. We are not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe we are, please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of the company or its products by MSE.
  • 247homerescue
    Horrible company
    My boiler has been pronounced as BER or beyond economical repair. My £15 a month (which is not an insurance but a service and so no ombudsman) gives me £215 worth of cover. If the claim exceeds this I get nothing. My recent claim for a leaking part comes to £280 so I get towards this £0
    This is all clearly laid out in the terms and conditions that I agreed too of course, except that it completely obfuscated. :mad:
    The law adds to this the term “reasonable”. Unfortunately I do not have the means to contest these terms and conditions and this company knows it.:(
    They are also trying to flog new boiler refits as well with lots of pressure lies about safety reliability etc
    Mr Lewis. :money: Please name and shame these people

Dear MrGuitarTeacher.com,

We are sorry to hear that you have been left feeling dissatisfied with the service provided by us. As has been previously addressed in your complaint, all of our terms and conditions are clearly laid out, explained in full at the initiation of your service agreement and are available to be viewed online by yourself at any opportunity. If you should wish to discuss the matter further please do not hesitate to contact us directly at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk

Regards,

247 Social Media team
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
    We are verified representatives of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for us to post in response to queries about the company so that we can help solve issues. You can see our name on the Verified Companies list. We are not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe we are, please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of the company or its products by MSE.
  • 24/7 Are by far the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of connecting with.

So far I have not had Heating and Hot water for a week , call out 1 which was at my expense (excess £45) was for the engineer to wrongly diagnose the PCB board in my bolier as faulty and the need for a new one. Turns our fuse had gone and tripped electricity to Boiler , so without electricity , guess what the PCB doesnt work , once power restored with the flick of the switch all good. by this time the engineer had left and I had coughed up £117 for a new PCB. Call out 2 Engineer arrives and agrees that PCB is actually completely fine. Begins to drain system to repair Hot Water pump but claims system has "sludge" in it and will need to replace pipes so cant complete or start job until pipes are available. Arranges to come back the next working day to complete the job. Another day off (3rd) and no sign of any engineer , after investigation turns out hes been sent to other jobs today , no communication to me at all if my work will be completed today as promised. After several frustrating calls later where 24/7 couldnt care less about me I get a random text to tell me the Engineer is now coming tomorrow , another day off work , they dont care if I loose my job or not , it means nothing to them.
    So no communication , ive called them at least 10 times today , spoke to a different person each time who doesnt care , Ive emailed them , no reply , they promised to call me back , of course they havent !. Yet I still have the challenge of getting a refund let alone the actual work being done satisfactorily.
    This is an ongoing saga , might need to educate this company about customer service because clearly they dont understand the word "service" even though its in theiir own title !!
  • 247homerescue
    Dear Marktyerman,

We're sorry to hear that you feel the services provided by 24/7 Home Rescue are not satisfactory. So we can investigate this matter further, please contact us via email at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk with the relevant details including your policy reference.

Once you've sent the email, we will personally look into this case for you.

Regards,
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
  • scd3scd4
    scd3scd4 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Dear Marktyerman,

We're sorry to hear that you feel the services provided by 24/7 Home Rescue are not satisfactory. So we can investigate this matter further, please contact us via email at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk with the relevant details including your policy reference.

Once you've sent the email, we will personally look into this case for you.

Regards,

I notice you are still giving free months cover to leave 5 stars reviews on Trustpilot. Days after they have just signed up with little to no experience of your service.
  • echoes007
    echoes007 Posts: 12 Forumite
    247 home rescue scam - I hope Martin Lewis can help us get the justice or at least save others from making the same mistake. This is nothing but a scam and it beggars belief that this can happen in this country in this day and age.

Dear MSE team. please please help us. I am willing to give all the details that you need about this this scam works. Can provide all the evidence that you need.

Please help.
  • echoes007
    echoes007 Posts: 12 Forumite
    On one hand you are asking people to contact you by socialmedia email address but when we try to complain (only way we can do that is via your complaints portal) first thing you do is ask us to sign an agreement to say we are not allowed to publish anything on social media. Why don't you answer here about your BER scam.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback