8 please Baileys
    Arkers x

dancing bear time Arkers :T:T:T
  • katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 16 May 2018 at 5:20PM
    Thank you for the welcome and Baileys thank you for adding me to the list; I find it easier to stick to something when I'm accountable :D

Tomorrow night will be first big test, OH works away and comes home on a Thursday so we usually start the weekend early.

My plan is to move all booze to the garage so we don't have it within reach and it requires a conscious decision to get it.
  • Wanna_Bee_Free
    Wanna_Bee_Free Posts: 2,131
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Welcome katep23, and good luck with your plan for tomorrow, I like your thinking about the garage!

3/10 for today please Baileys
  • 8/20 for me today.
    I!!!8217;m so surprised and very pleased that I do not feel that I am missing drinking too much. Normally I would think nothing of having a few glasses of wine and then finishing the bottle but it is so nice to feel like I am in a bit more control.
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Subscribed. :)

Drink very little these days still. Getting on with finishing the house project and building a new career as well as looking after my son (and wife :rotfl:), so not even sure I have time to drink anymore but was prompted to think about this thread earlier and thought I'd pop in to say hello again.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,157
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Morning all, 13/21 for me please. :)

2021 D: 93 2020 D: 96 2022 D: 15
  • Hi - I'd like to join you if I may? I've dipped my toe in a few times before on this forum and done some dry Januarys but have made the decision to cut my drinking right down. Its just too easy to come home after work and relax with a glass of wine that turns into another glass etc but no more, it has to stop!!

So today is day 11 of being AF and I'm aiming to stay AF for the rest of the month.
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,046
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    10/14 please Baileys
  • Baileysonice
    Baileysonice Posts: 434
    First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Forumite
    edited 5 August 2022 at 2:59PM
    [QUOTE=[Deleted User];74295982]Hi - I'd like to join you if I may? I've dipped my toe in a few times before on this forum and done some dry Januarys but have made the decision to cut my drinking right down. Its just too easy to come home after work and relax with a glass of wine that turns into another glass etc but no more, it has to stop!!

So today is day 11 of being AF and I'm aiming to stay AF for the rest of the month.[/QUOTE]

Hi [Deleted User] and welcome :wave: Ive added you to the list just check you're happy with it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure