Scammed from TSB

Comments

• Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    If this is week 4 since this happened, your son needs to speak to a solicitor ASAP and get them to act pronto. Most banks/phone companies won't ignore legal letters threatening court action.

Does he know which store it was that the SIM was given?

Has he contacted the police and asked them to see if they can obtain CCTV from said store?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,023
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Candyapple wrote: »

Has he contacted the police and asked them to see if they can obtain CCTV from said store?

That would have been the first thing I would have done.
  • Regan55
    Regan55 Posts: 48 Forumite
    This all sounds so implausible!

Using the TSB 'shambles' as a platform on which to concoct a scammed story. However it is just not possible for all this to have happened without the knowledge and involvement of the account holder.

IMO.

So if you don’t believe this.....just jog on then

I only wish it was a made up story as you say.
  • Regan55
    eschaton wrote: »
    That would have been the first thing I would have done.

Action Fraud agency have been contacted. Police fraud department

Vodafone will not release cctv unless police request it.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Forumite
    This all sounds so implausible!

Using the TSB 'shambles' as a platform on which to concoct a scammed story. However it is just not possible for all this to have happened without the knowledge and involvement of the account holder.

IMO.

I agree.
    Even if somehow the fraudster did somehow manage to have your son's mobile number transferred to a new SIM card the first question to be asked is why. Why pick on your son? Why bother? For all the fraudster knew your son could have been massively overdrawn. How did the fraudster know that there was so much money in the account?
    Secondly, the OP has never addressed the question of how the fraudster even knew who your son banked with let alone his online banking username, password and memorable information all of which would have been needed to even access the account.
    And how convenient that your son just happened to be wherever he was that required him to have his phone turned off when the fraudster went into the Vodafone shop.
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,023
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    I agree.
    Even if somehow the fraudster did somehow manage to have your son's mobile number transferred to a new SIM card the first question to be asked is why. Why pick on your son? Why bother? For all the fraudster knew your son could have been massively overdrawn. How did the fraudster know that there was so much money in the account?
    Secondly, the OP has never addressed the question of how the fraudster even knew who your son banked with let alone his online banking username, password and memorable information all of which would have been needed to even access the account.
    And how convenient that your son just happened to be wherever he was that required him to have his phone turned off when the fraudster went into the Vodafone shop.

So, you're saying that you don't believe OP then? :rotfl:

Find all of this hard to believe as well as the OP continues to not answer a number of important questions.

OP - if this is actually real then start answering the questions asked, otherwise you are wasting your time as well as everyone else's on this thread.
  • Regan55
    Candyapple wrote: »
    If this is week 4 since this happened, your son needs to speak to a solicitor ASAP and get them to act pronto. Most banks/phone companies won't ignore legal letters threatening court action.

Does he know which store it was that the SIM was given?

It was a store in London. They won’t release cctv to me.
  • Regan55
    No real point in carrying this thread on really. As a lot seem to think I am making this up.

Just hope that nothing like this happens to any of you.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Forumite
    The OP has also implied that the son is a serving member of the armed forces. This obviously raises additional concerns beyond internet banking fraud. Has he reported the SIM card substitution to his chain of command?
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 1,857
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Regan55 wrote: »
    So if you don’t believe this.....just jog on then

I only wish it was a made up story as you say.

Why don't you also 'jog on ' lol:)

You started a thread to elicit response.

Your story has more holes than a string vest, it doesn't add up. Its more like a primer for a scam in the future but we're not all dumb on here.

If true it doesn't matter what is said on here just go through the legal options and let us know the outcome. Lol lol lol:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure