Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You've listed these deals:
    Mid-level users
    iD Mobile: 500 mins, 4GB, £10/mth

Heavy users
    iD Mobile: 2,000 mins, 6GB, £15/mth
    Giffgaff: 2,000 mins, 6GB, £18/mth

But I recently got a Three SIM with unlimited minutes/texts and 4GB data for £9 a month (on a 12-month contract). Using Quidco for £30 cashback, it's effectively £6.50 a month for the first year.
  • esuhl wrote: »
    I recently got a Three SIM with unlimited minutes/texts and 4GB data for £9 a month (on a 12-month contract).
    That offer ceased a while ago, so can't be compared to what is currently available. Likewise Virgin were offering double data until last Monday, the mobile market is very volatile.
  • lunarjetman
    lunarjetman Posts: 13 Forumite
    edited 16 December 2016 at 5:50PM
    A warning about the Plusnet mobile deal being promoted by MoneySavingExpert at the moment. If you want to keep the number from your old mobile network you are likely to run into problems. Plusnet are currently cutting off people from their old numbers but taking excessive amounts of time to compete the transfer process. (Many people are cut off for 10 days and counting, with no sign of progress).

So people are effectively "losing" their old telephone numbers by joining Plusnet. You can read all about it on the public forums at Plusnet (google: 'plunet mobile number port').
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    That offer ceased a while ago, so can't be compared to what is currently available. Likewise Virgin were offering double data until last Monday, the mobile market is very volatile.

It was definitely available the week before the article was published -- that's when I ordered.

The equivalent plan has gone from £9 to £17 a month! But now you get three months free, so effectively £12.75 a month. With the current £50 Quidco cashback, that becomes an effective £8.58 a month.

So it would still be cheaper. And with unlimited minutes.
  • I can confirm the Plusnet mobile number transfers are taking too long.

I have been waiting 4 days, so no-one who has my old number can call me. I was told yesterday that it would complete by midnight last night, today I am told they can't tell me when it will complete.

Whatever time of day or night I call customer services I get "we are experiencing a high number of calls at the moment".

Beginning to regret leaving Tesco Mobile.
  • lunarjetman
    lunarjetman Posts: 13 Forumite
    edited 16 December 2016 at 5:51PM
    Plusnet Mobile are not recommended. I think that a lot of people who transfer to them based on the MoneysavingExpert article will be very disappointed and annoyed. The deal looks good on paper, but how many people want to lose their old mobile numbers ? Its basically a con.

Google "plusnet, mobile, porting" and you see a link to the plusnet community forum.... where there are a lot of very angry people.

They only launched this month and clearly can't cope.
  • Well, my "1-2 days" number port has finally completed after 5 days of no-one being able to call me on my old number. I've never had a confirmation text but I got a text last night telling me " turning your phone off and on again every so often will help."

I did complain on Facebook, and Customer Services said they would compensate me when it was complete, but not what that compensation would be. We shall see.
  • chrismbt wrote: »
    Well, my "1-2 days" number port has finally completed after 5 days of no-one being able to call me on my old number. I've never had a confirmation text but I got a text last night telling me " turning your phone off and on again every so often will help."

I did complain on Facebook, and Customer Services said they would compensate me when it was complete, but not what that compensation would be. We shall see.

They've just been over subscribed I think due to the very good offers, in fact you can probably blame MSE in part for recommending it so heavily. :D

I had an idea in my head that they can only port so many numbers a day but I can't find anything to confirm or deny that so perhaps I imagined it.

As for the previous poster claiming that it's a 'con' I'm afraid that just comes across as childish, I have this picture in my head of him screaming and screaming until he's sick.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    what is slightly annoying is if they know they are too busy, their sale team are still ringing around trying the get business. It would be nice if they waited a month
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Current best deal is 200mins, 30Gb Data, unlimited texts and tethering plus EU free roaming for £15pm with 12 month minimum. It ends on 20/12/16.

Oh, it's on 3UK.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure