Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Jet2.com ONLY

Options

Comments

• Karl06
    Karl06 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    I've read peoples posts and some advice given in a nutshell on Sunday May 19th a long story short we travelled with Jet2 and due to the fuelling issues we where nearly 24hrs delayed this included-:

1 we boarded plane and sat on tarmac for nearly 3 hours than took off plane to sit in terminal for 3 hours and 30 minutes due to fuelling issues at Manchester.

2 when we boarded our new flight which came over from Leeds Airport with staff pilot said Arreccife/Lanzarote Airport would stay open for our delayed flight, an hour away from Arreccife/Lanzarote Airport captain came over tannoy we are diverting to Las Palmas Airport due to Arreccife is now closed and not willing to wait our flight landing anymore.

3 We was put up in hotel from 5am till 11:59am then had to check out with a six year old daughter, then picked back up from hotel at 16:00pm for flight to Lanzarote at 18:40pm apparently we couldn't leave earlier due to staffing issues with them having to have a standard 12 hour rest period.

4 eventually arrive into Lanzarote airport around 20:00pm nearly 24 hours after scheduling time with a re-routing in between for staffing issues/resting periods.

Any advice appreciated and thanks in advance.:(:(:mad::mad:
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Karl06 wrote: »
    Any advice appreciated and thanks in advance

keep an eye on this thread - https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6003851
  • JoeBloggs19
    Options
    jpears wrote: »
    you are probably correct. Download vauban's superb guide for information on proceeding.
    You have a number of arguments should it go to court. Jet2 should have known at the point birmingham was closed (was time was this in relation to the flight incoming that had to divert to manchester?) that their crew would run out of hours. Manchester is a significant hub for jet2, its their choice they didn't make acrew change in one form or another.
    An ec affecting the previous flight isn't necessarily and ec on your flight.

The other hurdle is that they don't appear to have made any effort to mitigate the delay.

As jet2 refuse to sign up to an adr you will probably have to consider court action.
    What do botts and euclaim say on their website?

by way of update, having registered a claim with bott&co eleven months ago and after them confirming i had a strong case, they have decided to drop the case before it goes to a court hearing, stating that i am unlikely to win! Very disappointed in them.
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    That’s a pity, you still can do it yourself and go DIY
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • legal_magpie
    legal_magpie Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Did Botts say why they don't think the case is still viable?
  • Lea28
    Lea28 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    Just wondering if we have any chance of getting compensation out of Jet2 holidays. Flight LS953 should have departed at 17:00 but didn’t leave Manchester for Palma until 20:23. The flight should have landed at 20:45 but landed at 23:53. I have screenshots of the jet2 flight status updates.

Originally the delay on the board was 1 hour and 50 minutes and once on board the captain said this was due to significant operational reasons. As the plane began to taxi out of the stand, the power cut out. We then had to go back to the stand for engineers to check the plane over. The engineers then said we all had get off the plane for a full engine test. After a further hour we could all board the plane again and take off.

We were given a free soft drink once in the air.

Would these reasons count as exceptional circumstances? I have submitted a claim on their website anyway but I’m sure they will have excuses ready.

As we booked the entire holiday through them including transfers we didn’t get to our resort until near 2.30am. My children were exhausted!
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi welcome,
    Sounds like a technical issue. This very definitely not an EC.
    Valid claim.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    Yes read Vaubans guide, it shouldn't be difficult to claim, jive them 14 days from filling in the web form then follow it up with a Letter before action.
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lea28 wrote: »
    I have submitted a claim on their website anyway but I’m sure they will have excuses ready.
    assuming this was Sunday 11th August
    EUClaim appears to agree you would be due €400 per passenger..hopefully will be a simple claim
    flightaware shows 3 hours 7 mins late
  • ph2
    ph2 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone had any look claiming through Jet2 I put my claim in on 19th August for a 17 hour 20 minute delay travelling from Dalaman to Leeds Bradford as a result we also missed a concert we were due to attend the next day! but as yet I have heard nothing back from the does anyone have any advice our experience please.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure