£100 cashback & more on 12-mth O2 SIMplicity SIM-only mobile contracts - £11.25/mth!

Comments

• I've done this - much better than the deal I had with t-mobile.
  • austin
    austin Posts: 560 Forumite
    Graz-D wrote: »
    I signed up ONE DAY before they introduced the £100 cashback, this was when it was £35! But it hasn't tracked yet (this is around 4 days now) so maybe I will get the £100 if I'm lucky... how long does it take to track?

Everything else I've done on Quidco usually takes no more than a day...

...same here. got mine literally a day before it changed! i just phoned o2 and canceled, as it was within the 14 day quit period. I'll just re-apply through quidco, see if it works!
  • oldblueyes
    oldblueyes Posts: 27 Forumite
    Graz-D wrote: »
    hate to double post but has anyone else's O2 cashback started tracking yet? Mine hasn't appeared at all, and it's well over 3 days since I started the contract.
    The £100 cashback offer is only valid for those orders that are still active after 30 days
  • abbecer
    abbecer Posts: 2,177 Forumite
    Morning all, I'm rubbish with phone conracts etc so please bear with me. My current contract with O2 via Carphone warehouse (i think!!) has just expired. Could I take up this offer even if I am already on O2? Would they let me keep same number if I am taking out new contract?

Thanks in advance

Rebecca x
  • austin
    edited 28 July 2009 at 1:53AM
    abbecer wrote: »
    Morning all, I'm rubbish with phone conracts etc so please bear with me. My current contract with O2 via Carphone warehouse (i think!!) has just expired. Could I take up this offer even if I am already on O2? Would they let me keep same number if I am taking out new contract?

Thanks in advance

Rebecca x

you could if you wanted. this is a SIM card only deal, so there's no phone included. however, you get a much better deal because of this. so if you dont mind using your existing phone, then this is a good deal.

you can port your number if you like, but most would advise that you wait until you receive your cashback, as it is possible this can affect the tracking process.
    [edit] if you are on o2 then you would need to port to another network first then back again if you were to go for this deal.

also, this is an online deal only. you'll only get the cashback through the quidco site. so dont phone o2 asking for this offer 'cause you wont get it!

lastly, it might be worth you phoning o2 first just to see if they can offer you something better before you go. then you can weigh up what is best for you!
  • thor
    thor Posts: 5,483 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    austin wrote: »
    lastly, it might be worth you phoning o2 first just to see if they can offer you something better before you go. then you can weigh up what is best for you!
    Not much hope on this front I'm afraid as O2 are currently in the midst of trying lose as many customers as possible by offering crap retention deals.
  • austin
    thor wrote: »
    Not much hope on this front I'm afraid as O2 are currently in the midst of trying lose as many customers as possible by offering crap retention deals.

hmm. that explains why they didn't try to stop me from canceling the other day lol
  • silverchair
    silverchair Posts: 937 Forumite
    First Post
    Has anyones order tracked yet with quidco?
    I ordered yesterday afternoon.
  • Searcher2 wrote: »
    Maybe worth checking on Hotukdeals. People on there are saying that last time they had a similar offer on Quidco it tracked intially at a lower price and then was changed later to the higher price. Once it tracks - and if at the wrong amount - simply raise a ticket to point out the amount it wrong.

Quote from HDUK

"Once it does track, it will show as £23.33. DO NOT PANIC! This is normal and will change to the correct amount of £100 when it gets validated within a month or so."

Mines showing this morning as per searcher2 post, i ordered mine on sunday
    :hello:
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing it doesn't go in a fruit salad :p:D
  • shaz-ann
    shaz-ann Posts: 141 Forumite
    ic wrote: »
    Those are the 1 month contract sims - the cheapest 12 months contract is £19.58 (after cashback equates to £11.25). For what you get its a bargain.

£11.25 is great, I've currently got a O2 payg and I normally top it up by about £15 each month.

I've applied and waiting to see if my order has been approved, fingers crossed!
    If I have been of any assistance, or my information is useful, please press the "Thanks" button :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure