PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cauliflower? Recipe please

Comments

• Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    What about cauliflower soup?

Soften an onion and a small clove of garlic in some butter. Add chopped cauliflower, cover and cook gently for about 15 minutes. Add some chicken stock and cook for about 20 minutes. Add some cream and whizz with a hand blender. If they like cheese you can add some grated cheddar before blending.

Sprinkle some chives or parsley on just before serving and eat with lots of crusty bread. Just don't tell them what's in it until after they've eaten it. ;)

You can also use it finely chopped in bolognaise, lasagne or shepherds pie.

Pink
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I just found this thread that might help: Any devious ideas for hiding veggies?

Pink
  • bigpaws23
    bigpaws23 Posts: 455 Forumite
    My dd will eat it if cooked with broccoli, sweet potato or carrot, then I mash it, add a tin of fish and some cream and top with mashed potato.
    it's my version of 'fish pie'

HTH
    Bigpaws x
  • scrimperjan
    scrimperjan Posts: 223
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I think cauli is much nicer raw than cooked. Maybe your kids will try it raw? My favourite cauliflower salad is small pieces mixed with mayonnaise and chopped pear, (or maybe apple or grapes) with a few cashew nuts sprinkled on top.
  • ecsb
    ecsb Posts: 158 Forumite
    cauliflower cheese always go down well.
  • I recently made a shepherds pie with potato and cauliflower mix topping instead of just potato - it was yummy!
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,616
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    This is a yummy topping for cauliflower.

Melt some marg in a pan and add breadcrumbs made earlier and frozen. After a couple of minutes the breadcrumgs will be coated and golden and can be a topping for your cauli. Delish!
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    has anybody got any ideas on recipes I could use it in - other than cauliflower cheese?

Must be vegetarian/vegan

An added bonus would be if I could make cauliflower appealing to my cauliflower hating DH! :D But it's not compulsory. I'll just put it on his plate and insist he eats it "to set an example to the children":rotfl:
  • purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,573
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    We like curried cauliflower soup.
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    That might work. He likes curry. Have you a recipe for it? Pretty please?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure