IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Resident Parking

Options

Comments

• markudman
    markudman Posts: 351 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Can I do A SAR on the SRA to found out how many complaints that have had about Gladstones?
    Is that a mouthful or what
    We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose.
    If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    SAR = Subject Access Request.

You, the subject, can request all the data a company or organisation holds about you.

You have no right to the data a company or organisation holds about someone else by using a SAR.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    SAR = Subject Access Request.

You, the subject, can request all the data a company or organisation holds about you.

You have no right to the data a company or organisation holds about someone else by using a SAR.

And I don't think FOI will work either - pity!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • markudman
    First Anniversary
    Options
    The Localism Act 2011 has nothing to do with private parking. It's all to do with how Parishes and other councils divy up the work / costs/ income.

Why do you think it might be relevant?
    Just found this on the Ombudsman website

As part of the Localism Act 2011 designated persons were introduced by the Government to improve the chances of complaints about housing being resolved locally and to involve local politicians and local people in resolving local housing issues. When a landlord’s internal complaints procedure is finished tenants of housing associations, local authorities and ALMO’s can ask for their complaint to be considered by a designated person. Tenants and designated persons may find it helpful to use our free online training on resolving disputes.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You do realise that all government promises are not binding but only aspirations unlike contract law. So given they aspire to have a system, what is it. Perhaps this is what you are looking for, and perhaps you want to test it. Note the caveats.
    The Housing Ombudsman and designated persons Early and local resolution is the best possible outcome to a complaint. We will encourage positive relationships between landlords and tenants and the designated persons to achieve this. We will also provide information and advice to support designated persons in improving the methods and approaches they might use to resolve a dispute. Whilst we will not comment on designated persons!!!8217; decisions we will feedback on referrals from designated persons to improve complaints handling at all levels.

Although we can advise designated persons on good practice in complaint handling, the Ombudsman has no jurisdiction over designated persons and has no authority to regulate or produce guidance for their selection, activity or conduct.

The Ombudsman is required to maintain a register of recognised Tenant Panels (if you would like to register a Tenant Panel please email the details to info@housing-ombudsman.org.uk). However, we do not oversee the involvement of panels or any other designated person in the local resolution
  • markudman
    First Anniversary
    Options
    markudman wrote: »
    Just found this on the Ombudsman website

As part of the Localism Act 2011 designated persons were introduced by the Government to improve the chances of complaints about housing being resolved locally and to involve local politicians and local people in resolving local housing issues. When a landlord’s internal complaints procedure is finished tenants of housing associations, local authorities and ALMO’s can ask for their complaint to be considered by a designated person. Tenants and designated persons may find it helpful to use our free online training on resolving disputes.

Thank you I sent this to my MP and they sent me a link for a form to fill out, they are not interested at all.
  • markudman
    First Anniversary
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    If they are a registered charity, consider making a complaint to The Charity Commissioners
    I think its time to complain to the Charity commissioners,
    Can someone please help me with what I should say in my complaint to them,
    (sorry writing to complaint letters is not my strong point)

Many thanks
  • markudman
    First Anniversary
    Options
    The objects of the charity are to develop the capacity and skills of the members of any socially and economically disadvantaged community so that they are better able to participate more fully in society; the prevention or relief of poverty or financial hardship and to promote social inclusion for the public benefit by preventing people from becoming socially excluded.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I think its time to complain to the Charity commissioners,
    Can someone please help me with what I should say in my complaint to them,
    read the very long threads by:

hairray

and

Daniel san

...which have brilliant complaints and LBCs to the Managing Agents of a residential site.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • markudman
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Coupon-Mad, I have read thought these and great LBC's and letters to the MA, but nothing to the Charity commissioners,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure