Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • venison
    • By venison 5th Feb 19, 3:33 PM
    • 3,124 Posts
    • 4,006 Thanks
    venison
    • 5th Feb 19, 3:33 PM
    • 5th Feb 19, 3:33 PM
    My typing speed and errors were worse than I thought but interesting.
    If you are not part of the solution then you must be part of the problem.
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 5th Feb 19, 3:37 PM
    • 13,799 Posts
    • 43,053 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 5th Feb 19, 3:37 PM
    • 5th Feb 19, 3:37 PM
    My typing speed and errors were worse than I thought but interesting.
    Originally posted by venison
    Oh dear, I certainly won't be trying it then
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • blackicerose
    • By blackicerose 6th Feb 19, 2:53 PM
    • 309 Posts
    • 2,238 Thanks
    blackicerose
    • 6th Feb 19, 2:53 PM
    • 6th Feb 19, 2:53 PM
    Here are a couple I know of:

https://www.firstaidforfree.com (they also give free certificates after you've completed a course)
    http://www.learnyourtables.co.uk/
    Latest wins:
    • huntl93
    • By huntl93 20th Feb 19, 8:59 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    huntl93
    • 20th Feb 19, 8:59 AM
    • 20th Feb 19, 8:59 AM
    edx.org
    is another one
    • purkles
    • By purkles 22nd Feb 19, 6:56 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    purkles
    • 22nd Feb 19, 6:56 PM
    • 22nd Feb 19, 6:56 PM
    Udemy.com do lots of free ones. Best to follow "free Udemy courses" facebook page which flags up loads of free ones.
    • omarsmum
    • By omarsmum 25th Mar 19, 12:05 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    omarsmum
    • 25th Mar 19, 12:05 AM
    Free (fully-funded) Level 2 distance learning courses
    • 25th Mar 19, 12:05 AM
    There are a number of fully-funded distance learning courses available at the moment at Level 2 (equivalent to GCSE grade 4+/old A*-C). They're for adults over the age of 19 and are free so long as you have at least a Level 2 qualification already, although if you don't complete the course they reserve the right to charge an admin fee which I think is around 125.

Courses are mostly in the areas of health and social care, and business -- some are the same as Vision2Learn offer but there are some additional ones at different colleges. You can generally choose to do the courses entirely paper-based or entirely online, or a mixture (i.e. paper-based learning materials and online assessment submission). The colleges I'm aware of that do them are as follows (annoyingly my post won't go through with the links in it, but if you Google "free distance learning level 2" and the institution name you should get straight to the right page):

Bridgwater & Taunton College
    Walsall College
    The Skills Network
    New College Swindon
    BMet
    Stoke on Trent College
    Newbury College (this place also has some free Level 3 courses)
    Leicester College
    Sunderland College
    Shrewsbury College
    Sunderland College
    • The Miser
    • By The Miser 29th Mar 19, 12:25 AM
    • 69 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    The Miser
    • 29th Mar 19, 12:25 AM
    • 29th Mar 19, 12:25 AM
    There is a mountain of university courses which you can audit. Try searching opencourseware universities . I did the first of the basic Spanish courses at MIT which go to undergraduate level. (They claim to have about 2400 courses where you can listen to the lectures and more). I also did a good language course from Oslo University which is actively monitored by their staff.
    Last edited by The Miser; 29-03-2019 at 12:42 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

60Posts Today

1,777Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin