Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 7th Mar 14, 1:58 PM
    • 13,799Posts
    • 43,053Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Shop & Scan
    • 7th Mar 14, 1:58 PM
    0 WOW
    Shop & Scan 7th Mar 14 at 1:58 PM
    As the Shop and Scan thread is getting long now and people are asking for referrals I thought it was about time for a new thread. Old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=321950

Please note that registration is by invite only but you can register your interest in joining the panel here www.volunteer4panels.com

How it works

What we ask you to do
    Scanning in your shopping

Every time you or anyone else in your household buys something which is brought back home, please scan.

We also ask you to provide us with an image of your till receipt whenever you make a shopping trip. The best way to do so is by scanning the receipt with a flatbed/copy scanner. If you do not have one then you can take a photo using a digital camera instead.

At the end of EACH week please remember to transmit your barcodes and upload your till receipts...

Connect the Clicker to your PC
    Visit www.shopandscan.com
    Click on Transmit your Barcodes
    Clicker and Lead Arrow Address Bar Arrow Transmit Button
    After transmitting your barcodes please also Submit your Till Receipts.

Your weekly reward points will then be added to your Reward Account on the following Monday.

What we offer in return

Reward Points

As thanks for your participation, we will enrol you in our Reward Points Programme as soon as you register with us.
    We will regularly credit your account with points in exchange for your continued participation in the ShopandScan survey.
    You can review you balance at any time by logging into your Reward Account.

As soon as you have enough points, you may redeem them for any vouchers from the wide selection available.

Or you can accumulate your points for even greater rewards... the choice is yours.

Membership is free for you... there are no hidden costs associated with redemption of your Reward Points.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 27
    • London50
    • By London50 29th Jan 19, 10:54 PM
    • 1,659 Posts
    • 1,618 Thanks
    London50
    Yes I have had it many times over the years, as above it is easy points
    • SSUPER
    • By SSUPER 30th Jan 19, 12:18 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    SSUPER
    Hi. Many thanks for replies. I thought they were doubting what I had scanned. I guess not.
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 30th Jan 19, 9:12 AM
    • 1,883 Posts
    • 697 Thanks
    paul2louise
    Hi. Many thanks for replies. I thought they were doubting what I had scanned. I guess not.
    Originally posted by SSUPER
    I am not sure why they ask for this but it can be the most random things that you buy.
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 30th Jan 19, 9:35 AM
    • 2,339 Posts
    • 2,082 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    I've been asked to give extra details/photos twice recently, first was a candle bought in Poundland, second was a Christmas card from Poundstretcher. The points don't come through straight away but they did appear a couple of weeks later, you get the usual email notification when they're added.
    • London50
    • By London50 30th Jan 19, 1:47 PM
    • 1,659 Posts
    • 1,618 Thanks
    London50
    I am not sure why they ask for this but it can be the most random things that you buy.
    Originally posted by paul2louise
    As I understand it they have lists of barcodes for items per shop ect so if a new barcode from a shop is supplied from us that they do not have by us supplying it they can then add it to their lists.
    One I had a request for some years back was for a product I bought from one of the big supermarkets but when zapping I zapped against another one by mistake.I sent the requested details {including photos of the packet and the code} was given the extra points and had an email letting me know that what I had transmitted was a mistake.
    • 83Busybee56
    • By 83Busybee56 25th Feb 19, 8:53 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    83Busybee56
    Is it possible to upload barcodes on an iPad please,or does the new system not require that any longer
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 3rd Mar 19, 5:56 PM
    • 1,883 Posts
    • 697 Thanks
    paul2louise
    What does this mean
    An error occurred when posting to CTWS. The remote name could not be resolved: 'kantarctws.grpitsrv.com
    • TB1987
    • By TB1987 19th Mar 19, 7:02 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    TB1987
    Hi all,

Has anyone else stopped getting the monthly newsletter from them? The one where it announced the winners of the prize draw, gave a puzzle to do etc?

I havenít had one for ages and just wondered if they had stopped them?

Thanks!
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 19th Mar 19, 8:51 AM
    • 1,883 Posts
    • 697 Thanks
    paul2louise
    Now you mention it I can't remember getting one either for a while
    • Farway
    • By Farway 19th Mar 19, 1:49 PM
    • 7,140 Posts
    • 13,284 Thanks
    Farway
    Now you mention it I can't remember getting one either for a while
    Originally posted by paul2louise
    Probably my fault, I ignored & never read them
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 26th Mar 19, 3:26 PM
    • 1,883 Posts
    • 697 Thanks
    paul2louise
    Has anyone has email like this. Just wondering if the clicker has a timeout. Say if you get interrupted during scanning. I never just scan the barcodes. Might miss price paid but always person and shop. I phoned them and got a vague reply "just try and pay attention when you are scanning". I said I do. But I might need to put fridge and freezer items away before I scan cupboard items. And what happens if I need the loo. They couldn't answer my question.

"Thank you for your contribution to our ShopandScan panel, it really is appreciated.
    We’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for scanning the barcodes of all of the items that have been purchased for your household.
    However, we have noticed that when recording some of the shopping trips you have made, you have not scanned the coloured pages that tell us who made the trip, which shop they visited, and how much was spent in total."
    • redagila
    • By redagila 27th Mar 19, 9:22 AM
    • 4,479 Posts
    • 15,084 Thanks
    redagila
    I have sometimes paused when scanning but just continue - this has happened when my scanner has run out of power & sometimes if I am interrupted for some reason.
    It sounds to me that perhaps you are missing important information more often than you think.
    I would think they would need to know the total of the shop so that they can tie up with the till receipt.
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 27th Mar 19, 11:02 AM
    • 1,883 Posts
    • 697 Thanks
    paul2louise
    I have sometimes paused when scanning but just continue - this has happened when my scanner has run out of power & sometimes if I am interrupted for some reason.
    It sounds to me that perhaps you are missing important information more often than you think.
    I would think they would need to know the total of the shop so that they can tie up with the till receipt.
    Originally posted by redagila
    It seems to imply that it is happening a few times but I don't think I do miss scanning a lot. But I wanted them to explain it to me but they said they would get back to me. If you could see what you had scanned maybe that would help cos sometimes I think did I scan that item especially bit you have bought a few of the same thing. I will give them another ring
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 27th Mar 19, 1:36 PM
    • 1,883 Posts
    • 697 Thanks
    paul2louise
    Phoned them and they cant tell me anything, cant tell me if its happened once, twice, if i have scan them in wrong order. Nothing. So i just need to take care when scanning. Nothing you can do either if you have made a mistake and realise. Tough luck.
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 23rd Apr 19, 9:42 PM
    • 1,883 Posts
    • 697 Thanks
    paul2louise
    Just got 500 points for special award. Can't remember what that is for
    • redagila
    • By redagila 23rd Apr 19, 9:54 PM
    • 4,479 Posts
    • 15,084 Thanks
    redagila
    I think it is for sending your till receipts over the Easter weekend - they did send an e-mail recently but I seem to have deleted it. I also received them together with the usual weekly points.
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 23rd Apr 19, 11:21 PM
    • 1,883 Posts
    • 697 Thanks
    paul2louise
    I think it is for sending your till receipts over the Easter weekend - they did send an e-mail recently but I seem to have deleted it. I also received them together with the usual weekly points.
    Originally posted by redagila
    Thank you
    Ah yes that sounds about right. I know they do it at Christmas. But not sure if I saw that. I remember that screenwise wanted all technology transmitting over the weekend too. I forget as some of these Kantar things are me, some are for hubby and some are all of us.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

84Posts Today

1,191Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin