Freebie Successes by Letter / Email - What have you recieved? (merged)

Comments

• angecull31
    angecull31 Posts: 213
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    As you can see we did have a few issues with them and the reply that we got back wasn't exactly answering all of our questions and while I am about to write another back to the same guy I would also like to write one to the Head poncho at Haven but I am not too sure how to go about it and therefore I am looking for some advice.

I am also considering getting in touch with the Health & Safety executive in relation to the pool incident and I am also considering going to Trading Standards in relation to the kids club and the complete off handedness in his reply to this. 'Whilst I accept that the Haven brochure state that T-Co operates THROUGHOUT the season, it does not state that it operates on a daily basis for the entire season'.

Collins English Dictionary quotes:

Through - From end to end or side to side of; because of; during.
    THROUGHOUT - completely, in every part (of).

Unless I am completely stupid and I am misreading the dictionary quotes then I have them banged to rights over the T-Co fiasco if for nothing else!

How do I go about finding out who the head man is for Haven and how to find an address for him?
    !!!!!! happens!!!:D
  • hm71_2
    hm71_2 Posts: 1,980
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I had this with Havens sister company siblu when we went to Spain- by far the worse caravans on site and nothing available. I kept a lot of photographs etc of what was wrong and complained a lot during th eholiday making sure they had a note of my complaints in their record book. now they tried to fob me off continually but eventually I got a letter giving me £100 off my next holiday- it was my intention to never holiday with them again, so I promptly sent this back (to France as that is where siblus H/O is) eventually I agreed to them giving me 50% of my accomadation costs back, a total of £305. but it took a lot of tooing & froing. unfortuntly I no longer have the letters but persistence is key with this company. I also told them I would go to their governing bodies as well.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

FEB challenge £128/£270 balance £142
    £2 saving club £140
  • cartersg
    cartersg Posts: 46 Forumite
    !!!!!! happens...... lmfao
    after that letter!!!
    wow i hope you get somat back luv after all that effort you deserve it.
    go see a solicitor you get a free 1/2 hour i think
  • stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    My initial complaints were made on the park on day of departure. I were fobbed off by the park saying that the cleanliness in chalet should have been brought to their attention the minute i opened the chalet door and someone could have come round to clean it. Having argued most of the mess was not noticed until after we had unpacked there was no way i were going to clear off for half an hour as requested to allow a cleaning operative in to have a good delve in my belongings (never can be too careful).
    We also argued the factor that the T-Co was none existent again siting the misleading information in the brochure, to be told it would be investigated.

When we got home i heard nothing further from the resort so contacted there customer services dept to be told the usual bumph of 'sorry you didnt enjoy your stay and that we didnt meet with you expectations but we have to consider all our guests when arranging entertainment'. Nothing mentioned here about we mislead you because once you have made the booking we have you trapped and you will spend loads more than you can afford haha.

I did write back stating that as they have taken liability for the crap holiday in admiting everything that was outlined in my letters then it would only be fair that they refund us the price of the holiday so we can book up somewhere we would enjoy and feel like we had had a holiday to be told basically we had had out holiday its tough you didnt enjoy it so you aint getting any form of compensation we are also not entering into an argument on this with you. So i am going to consult CAB and see where i can take it from here.
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
  • kianicky
    kianicky Posts: 687
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    i've only tried dolmio and motlon brown so far and i got samples from both :D
    Vegetarian's Do Not!!!! eat fish :mad:

2015 comp wins: July: Travel wallet (Yazoo competition) :j :t
  • chloecc
    chloecc Posts: 239 Forumite
    kianicky wrote: »
    i've only tried dolmio and motlon brown so far and i got samples from both :D

hi there, would you be able to pm me the type of thing you sent to these co's? i'm not sure where to start?!

thanks in advance buddy!
    "He that is of the opinion money will do everything may well be suspected of doing everything for money." Benjamin Franklin
  • Yep, I would like to know how to approach this successfully also :) thanks
  • I booked my honeymoon at Kuredo Island in the Maldives through First Choice. We booked a specific type of villa in a specific location. The island changed these and First Choice didn't alter their advertising (ie Sangu Jaccuzi Beach Villas could now be anywhere on the island a not necessarily the Sangu end of the island). On this island location is everything!

After multiple phones calls (staying calm and pleasent throughout) and three months later, I was given a £480 refund!!!

Result!
  • Also, I emailed Nestle about a KitKat that I had bought without wafer inside.
    As silly as it was, they sent me a cheque for just over £2, no questions asked.
  • stef240377
    stef240377 Posts: 2,798 Forumite
    Having just rang the travel agents who took our booking to explain the letter received from Haven head office they have now given me a number to ring for Customer Solutions. I rang the number and the lady is going to review all letters that have gone between ourselves and send a covering letter to Haven themselves, she has said if this fails they will forward the case to ABTA who will deal with it accordingly.
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure