Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • saintscouple
    • By saintscouple 5th Aug 08, 7:48 PM
    • 3,911Posts
    • 2,936Thanks
    saintscouple
    0 WOW
    Freebie Successes by Letter / Email - What have you recieved? (merged)
    • 5th Aug 08, 7:48 PM
    0 WOW
    Freebie Successes by Letter / Email - What have you recieved? (merged) 5th Aug 08 at 7:48 PM
    Time for a fresh new thread, a continuation of THIS thread.

This is a chance to share your success stories of contacting companies as a matter of a complaint, compliment, or simply requesting a freebie.

I recently sent an email to our companies sponorship department for any olympic material they could spare, and i recieved 2 dozen sport drink bottles, and a load of inflatable wave sticks.
    It actually arrived by external post, with a postage paid label to the value of £9.60!

I also sent an email to the British Olympic Association, and recieved half a dozen large posters, and also a dvd-rom all about the olympic movement.
Page 154
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 14th Nov 17, 1:27 PM
    • 13,668 Posts
    • 42,612 Thanks
    sarah1972
    I had a complaint about comfysoft toilet roll (made by accrol, sold in B&M). It was basically cut all jaggedy and not put together properly so unusable. Complained, told to send in at my own expense, they said they did not receive it. Were really quite rude and cocky. Result: out of pocket.
    Originally posted by brombrom98
    You should email them your proof of postage.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • Savethekipper
    • By Savethekipper 20th Nov 17, 6:26 PM
    • 1,103 Posts
    • 780 Thanks
    Savethekipper
    Received 500 points on my Costa Loyalty card after a complaint
    • Rebecca2583
    • By Rebecca2583 22nd Nov 17, 12:00 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rebecca2583
    New to this!
    Hey guys!

I'm new to this and had a quick question.

When you guys are complimenting do you ask for samples or vouchers or do find there is more success if you don't ask?

So far I have emailed:

Doritos - Just a thank you
    Colgate - A thank you and "we do not send out money off coupons, trial sizes or samples of products in the UK".
    L'oreal- A thank you and "I am sorry that we do not have any sample stock to send to you"
    Prince- No response yet
    Rimmel - No response yet

If anyone has any tips on how to word the email's i would love to hear them as i don't think i've been very good at it.

Thanks!
    • MotoringMore
    • By MotoringMore 22nd Nov 17, 5:05 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 365 Thanks
    MotoringMore
    Never ask, just compliment and if they don't mention anything, then ask. Revlon/Charlie/Mitchum coupons are easy to get!
    Motorsport Fanatic - Couponer - Comper - Wombler
    • DreamyP
    • By DreamyP 24th Dec 17, 3:18 AM
    • 95 Posts
    • 813 Thanks
    DreamyP
    Never ask, just compliment and if they don't mention anything, then ask. Revlon/Charlie/Mitchum coupons are easy to get!
    Originally posted by MotoringMore
    Revlon state 'We do not have catalogs, coupons, or samples available for general distribution on their website. Maybe they changed it.
    • DreamyP
    • By DreamyP 24th Dec 17, 3:39 AM
    • 95 Posts
    • 813 Thanks
    DreamyP
    The Collective Yoghurt are amazing. I sent a compliment out earlier in the year to thank them for their products. They sent me a voucher for a free tub of yoghurt and any pouch! Then got a lovely package from them at christmas with a £1 voucher, a pen and 4 cards for the year (birthday, christmas, valentines day and one more). Amazing customer service! I'd recommend their products any day!
    • MotoringMore
    • By MotoringMore 24th Dec 17, 1:10 PM
    • 90 Posts
    • 365 Thanks
    MotoringMore
    They are just amazing! £1 is the worst I've got off their yoghurts as well!
    Motorsport Fanatic - Couponer - Comper - Wombler
    • SavingsQueen92
    • By SavingsQueen92 16th Mar 18, 11:43 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    SavingsQueen92
    Writing To Manufacturers for Coupons!
    Hey ladies and gents,

So I am new to this forum but not to couponing and freebie hunting. I have been a couponer for about 2 years now and I love it. Even have a small stock pile of some household items, not really food products but I'm hoping to change that!

So as a mummy with 3 young children (all under 3 years old) and a step daughter I am always looking for ways to save money. I started writing to manufacturers with the hope of getting coupons or samples and I am pleased to say it has been working so I wanted to see if anyone else has tried! xx
    • komalqasim
    • By komalqasim 15th Aug 18, 12:42 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 2,066 Thanks
    komalqasim
    I complained Emily crisp, the packet I got had very hard peas which were very difficult to eat so they sent me the same flavour and 3 other flavours to try too
    • abbyazalea59
    • By abbyazalea59 15th Jan 19, 1:03 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    abbyazalea59
    I have emailed lots of companies and have lots of coupons on the way, anyone wanna know what companies?
    • 2004nsnazir
    • By 2004nsnazir 15th Jan 19, 9:26 AM
    • 76 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    2004nsnazir
    I have emailed lots of companies and have lots of coupons on the way, anyone wanna know what companies?
    Originally posted by abbyazalea59
    yes please could you share or dm me.
    • abbyazalea59
    • By abbyazalea59 16th Jan 19, 7:46 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    abbyazalea59
    vimto - complaint (2 x £2 vouchers)
    innocent - complaint (£2 voucher)
    cadbury’s - complaint (£1 voucher)
    SC Johnson - compliment (£2 voucher)
    cushelle - compliment (£1 voucher)
    Space NK beauty - sample request (13 x samples)
    Batchelors - complaint (£1.50 voucher)
    Betty Crocker - compliment (4 x £1.50)
    Green People - compliment (8 x samples)
    • abbyazalea59
    • By abbyazalea59 16th Jan 19, 7:47 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    abbyazalea59
    if anyone would like to know my compliment email, tell me
    • 2004nsnazir
    • By 2004nsnazir 18th Jan 19, 9:24 AM
    • 76 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    2004nsnazir
    if anyone would like to know my compliment email, tell me
    Originally posted by abbyazalea59
    hi if you don't mind telling me that would be a good start. thanks
    • Thriftkitten
    • By Thriftkitten 21st Jan 19, 7:14 PM
    • 1,265 Posts
    • 6,068 Thanks
    Thriftkitten
    Revlon state 'We do not have catalogs, coupons, or samples available for general distribution on their website. Maybe they changed it.
    Originally posted by DreamyP
    Hi I am new to hunting for freebies and coupons, I regularly purchase Michum deodorant, for my daughter, could you give me some idea of what to write to them for a chance of a coupon or sample please... I feel like a beggar like i'm doing something wrong
    Thriftkitten

Tesco saving stamps £13.00

Roadkill Rebel No.31 July2014 Treasure £1.03p
    August 2014
    • Thriftkitten
    • By Thriftkitten 21st Jan 19, 7:16 PM
    • 1,265 Posts
    • 6,068 Thanks
    Thriftkitten
    hi if you don't mind telling me that would be a good start. thanks
    Originally posted by 2004nsnazir
    I'd like it please as a guide, i have no idea where to start... Thanks ahead of time
    Thriftkitten

August 2014
    • Thriftkitten
    • By Thriftkitten 21st Jan 19, 7:18 PM
    • 1,265 Posts
    • 6,068 Thanks
    Thriftkitten
    [QUOTE=abbyazalea59;75327359]if anyone would like to know my compliment email, tell me[/QUOTE

yes please, i've no idea where to start...
    Thriftkitten

August 2014
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

69Posts Today

2,977Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Right back to self imposed twitter exile until Thur - trying to be off work (not v successfully)

• Too painful to talk about. That result really was offsensive. For rancid cheese & onion to beat powerful salt & v? https://t.co/FJchchPk0o

• If you think this hypothetical's bad, here's some of my past polls - Which past PM would u resurrect to aid politi? https://t.co/N61QGBOJ6b

• Follow Martin