Curve card

I've just signed up for a curve account so that I can tidy up my wallet and looking to see what others do.

Once you've added a card does that mean you can destroy the original card?

If you need to use a card reader to set up a payment can you use the curve card and then pick one of the other cards?

Similarly I have a TSB card that I use to confirm my identity in a branch. Can I use the Curve card for that?

Comments

• Jakg
    Jakg Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I doubt it to all of the above.

I would not destroy the original card.
    Nothing I say represents any past, present or future employer.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    pramsay13 wrote: »
    Once you've added a card does that mean you can destroy the original card?

If you wish, but why would you want to? Curve isn't replacing the card, it's just enabling payments through it.
    If you need to use a card reader to set up a payment can you use the curve card and then pick one of the other cards?

No
    Similarly I have a TSB card that I use to confirm my identity in a branch. Can I use the Curve card for that?

No
  • No

If Curve ever have an issue with their payments or authorisation system then you're stuck!
  • I tried to use my Curve card today at McDonald's instead of an original card. It was declined! Second time in six days.

I just so happened to have the original bank card with me today, so tried that, and it worked with no issue at all.

Bye bye Curve. Useless!!
  • OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I tried to use my Curve card today at McDonald's instead of an original card. It was declined! Second time in six days.

I just so happened to have the original bank card with me today, so tried that, and it worked with no issue at all.

Bye bye Curve. Useless!!
    Don't give up on it just yet. I've used it many times without any issues. One time hotels.com booking was declined. That's all. Luckily I had the original(alternative) card so just used that instead. the hotel still had the only available room available (when i tried with alternative card:) )
    Couple of days later I made a test booking (some hotels offer free cancellation) and it went through straightaway with curve.
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Just be aware that if the credit / debit card you have added to Curve has some sort of incentives (eg cashback, Tesco Clubcard points) you may not get it (or may be a lesser amount as in case of Tesco Points) using Curve.

Also there has been issues with Tesco changing their T&Cs and regarding payments made using Tesco Credit Card through 3rdParties such as Curve as being treated as cash advances and a 3.99% cash payment charge being levied (however this has now been resolved and charges being refunded...for now). It could be that other cards change their T&Cs similarly though so another thing to be aware.

Aside from this I have found Curve to be really useful, especially the ability to move payments after the event onto another card (as I need to use multiple CC each month for the DDs to meet the interest paying current accounts DD criteria and this saves me having to carry multiple cards and remember multiple PINs)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure