Useful Student Threads

Options

Comments

• muzzy247_2
    Options
    hi guys need some advice as well me my self i dropped out of uni back in 2003 after i done 3 years and i had only the exam and few modules to complete and few course work but i dropped out of uni, as i had personal things and i was stressed and depressed and i could not continue or concentrate at all... now after more than 14 years i am settled now..wife and kids and everything is sorted it took me quite few years to get my life in order...i now want to go back to uni to earn my degree but i want to do a different course from what i was doing before...i was doing computer science but now i no longer want to do that i want to go and study business management and marketing as i am more in to business now and want to start up my own business as well..when i started uni i did take the student loans but since then i was not able to pay as i never got a steady job or any job which paid more than what the requirement asked...now here comes thee questions...if i want to go to uni...and do the course i want..what will the university require from me to do..as i am ready to even start foundation course or access course..will the student finance accept to pay for the tuition fee only as that its what i require and in need of assistance even thought i am not or have not been able to pay the previous loan..but as i know this time i am ready to commit and to finish off and earn a degree..please only give appropriate answer if you know the proper and right information as i want to know the right info and i have been informed this its the best place i cant get answers to questions i require..thank you
  • hasan459
    Options
    thanks
    i am trying for student loan.
  • MikeFivve
    Options
    Thank you for that!
  • its_a_secret_66
    Options
    i need help on finding cheap student contents insurance please

the best i've found so far has been HSBC (through Norwich Union)
    i've tried endsleigh and cover4insurance.com so far but they were all way high

Hi my sons is covered on our household insurance. Theft has to show signs of a breaking in though.
  • KellyOn_2
    Options
    Great thanks for the link.
  • abi28592
    abi28592 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your post was helpful
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    post 79 is spam...click the button please
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Davey_d03
    Options
    Hi All

I understand as a home owning student nowadays that you can get 25% council tax discount (certain terms and conditions apply etc.) but does anyone know if you can claim back any discount if you have finished studying?

I sat a 5 year degree course back in 2007 and potentially could be ~£1800 better off if this was the case.

Probably clutching at straws, but worth an ask!

Thanks

Dave
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You may get a better response if you post in the 'Reclaiming Council Tax' sub-board.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=187
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,960 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Requests for surveys should be on the survey board that can be found here.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure