Child maintenance service - confused!

Options
13»

Comments

• Sambella
    Sambella Posts: 417 Forumite
    I've helped Parliament
    Options
    If he is paying for a car that he has no use off he should be able to have this taken into account by CMS and the amount he pays reduced. This can also be done for any debts which were for something he no longer uses or has unless they agreed for him to take them on.

What they are likely to do is add up his monthly car payments for one year and take it off his gross pay before calculating CMS so the reduction could be small but something is sometimes better than nothing.

Going to a debt help place like stepchange could result in his interest on the debts etc being reduced or frozen which may also help things.
  • Jim3960
    Jim3960 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Ah, another lie told to us by the CMS then!

Thanks for this, I will pursue this next time we have discussions with them, which I am sure will be soon.

You need to contact CMS and inform them you want to go on the direct pay option. They may put you on a 6 months trial to see if you will pay. Some of the payment maybe taken as a DEO again for the 6 month period. Pass the test, as in dont miss a payment. You must be transferred over to direct pay regardless of her request.

My ex tried the same but i never missed a payment in 14 years. She refused to give bank details. She was informed with no way to pay the case would close. She soon passed on the details.

Instant saving of 20%. No fees during the "unlikely to pay test"
  • CurlySue2017
    Options
    Jim3960 wrote: »
    You need to contact CMS and inform them you want to go on the direct pay option. They may put you on a 6 months trial to see if you will pay. Some of the payment maybe taken as a DEO again for the 6 month period. Pass the test, as in dont miss a payment. You must be transferred over to direct pay regardless of her request.

My ex tried the same but i never missed a payment in 14 years. She refused to give bank details. She was informed with no way to pay the case would close. She soon passed on the details.

Instant saving of 20%. No fees during the "unlikely to pay test"

Thank you, we will do this. There is no history of non-payment so this should be entirely do-able.

The problem is that we are at our wits end with talking to the CMS who seem to be utterly incapable of carrying out simple things, which is infuriating and just makes life more difficult for all parties!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure