Utility point

Options

Comments

• PennineAcute
    Options
    Woolco wrote: »
    Coming from someone who seems to think getting a £25 payment from the Government during a period of very cold weather seemed wrong because you had used half that amount, means I can ignore anything you have to say.

That is your choice. I know, as from now, I can play your silly game as well.
  • valleyboy22
    Options
    Who told you to avoid Utility Point and for what reasons? They have been mostly good for me.

I contacted them via twitter for a number at the time and some guy messaged me saying to stay away because he had so much problems with them.
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I contacted them via twitter for a number at the time and some guy messaged me saying to stay away because he had so much problems with them.

President Trump is also on Twitter.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @valleyboy22

Your choice who to go with but you can get problems with any energy provider.

Over the years I've had real issues with Scottish Power, npower among others. There is no such thing as perfect service in the energy supply sector. It is a matter of good luck what happens to your individual account.
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Utility Point - as with most small energy providers - if you don't need to contact Customer Service you should be ok. They don't have any Customer Service (but they're recruiting.) My first month is up... just waiting to see if my meter reads have been accepted or ignored...
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Been with them for about 9 months so far. Can't grumble. Transfer went ok and their website works fine. Never had to contact them since joining.
  • Taiko
    Taiko Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Been with them best part of a year, still the cheapest tariff by far, and have needed to contact them on 2 occasions. Customer service has been very prompt each time (they do use a voicemail facility it seems though). That said, they've always come back same day as my call.

Can't fault them at all.
  • Gary1963
    Gary1963 Posts: 287 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Been with them 10 months. Cheapest for me in my area. Never had a problem and submit readings at the end of each month.
  • greyteam1959
    Options
    I have never had a problem with them.
    Although their online chat never seems to be working.
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Although their online chat never seems to be working.
    Has the online chat ever worked? And they said months ago that the annoying floating "request a new boiler quote" advert would be removed. I think their software engineer must still be on his(or her) holidays :-) (I'm not complaining yet - just waiting to see if my first month statement is correct...)
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure