Free Sore Throat test at Superdrug Pharmacies

https://www.superdrug.com/services/throat-swab-test

Each year, around 1.2 million people visit their GP with a sore throat, with many requesting antibiotics. Did you know that 9 out of 10 sore throats are because of a virus and cannot be treated by antibiotics, but with over the counter products from your pharmacy?
Antibiotics are key in fighting bacterial infections. These infections can be serious. In order for them to maintain their efficacy it is important that you only take antibiotics when you need them and have been instructed to by your Doctor.
Your Superdrug Pharmacist can help you to manage your sore throat symptoms, so, this winter, if you have a sore throat, speak to your local Superdrug Pharmacist first.
200 Superdrug stores nationwide will now be able to provide a short 10-minute sore throat consultation service. If necessary, this may include access to a swab test which could identify whether your sore throat is bacterial or viral and whether antibiotics maybe required. If your sore throat can’t be treated by antibiotics, the Pharmacist will be able to provide advice on the most effective ways to manage your symptoms.
You can find your nearest participating Superdrug Pharmacy using Superdrug’s online store locator tool, giving you access to a healthcare professional quickly. Find your closest Superdrug Pharmacist here and come in for your free sore throat consultation – Subject to availability.
Find your closest Superdrug Pharmacist here and book a consultation today
I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure