Let's do this!

Comments

• Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Sometimes it's good to have a wee cry rather than bottling everything up.

I tried the Marie Kondo 'Art of Tidying' last year and had a massive clear out but I could do it all again:o.
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 March 2018 at 6:04PM
    Munchin wrote: »
    Sometimes it's good to have a wee cry rather than bottling everything up.

I tried the Marie Kondo 'Art of Tidying' last year and had a massive clear out but I could do it all again:o.

Yes, I have to admit one thought was to buy either lots of junk food or a bottle of wine to deal with my mood but the crying definitely helped. I'm much better at dealing with my emotions in a healthy way than I was a few years' ago. My relationship with food and alcohol tends to be an emotional one unless I keep it in check.

I've been reading the Marie Kondo thread funny enough, but I think I need to read more about it as I'm still not sure what it involves :o
  • Rachel24
    Rachel24 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Agree with munchkin it's nice to have a good cry at times :-) don't be hard on yourself. Xx
  • Lilith1980
    Rachel24 wrote: »
    Agree with munchkin it's nice to have a good cry at times :-) don't be hard on yourself. Xx

Thanks Rachel :) xx
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Poor you! Don’t worry about your meltdown. It was brought on by a subject that is very emotional for you - it is to be expected.

Re the clutter - I found Marie Kondo’s method excellent for sorting out and storing clothes. Her way of folding things created lots of drawer space I must admit. She basically preaches don’t keep anything that doesn’t bring you joy - and it’s amazing how much you can let go if you use that premise. I do find her rather ‘airy fairy’ though - she does things like thanking her handbag at the end of the evening for being so useful - I’m a bit too down to earth for that sort of thing but I have to say her de-cluttering methods do work.

Perhaps take some photos of your rooms and look at these. It might give you a fresh eye on things and you’ll be able to clarify the ‘hot spots’
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Lilith1980
    Poor you! Don’t worry about your meltdown. It was brought on by a subject that is very emotional for you - it is to be expected.

Re the clutter - I found Marie Kondo’s method excellent for sorting out and storing clothes. Her way of folding things created lots of drawer space I must admit. She basically preaches don’t keep anything that doesn’t bring you joy - and it’s amazing how much you can let go if you use that premise. I do find her rather ‘airy fairy’ though - she does things like thanking her handbag at the end of the evening for being so useful - I’m a bit too down to earth for that sort of thing but I have to say her de-cluttering methods do work.

Perhaps take some photos of your rooms and look at these. It might give you a fresh eye on things and you’ll be able to clarify the ‘hot spots’

Thank you! Taking photos is a good idea, I will do that :)

How are things by the coast? I imagine very breezy??
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,243 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Sometimes crying is good for the soul.
    Better out than in.
    Take care of you xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Lilith1980
    beanielou wrote: »
    Sometimes crying is good for the soul.
    Better out than in.
    Take care of you xx

Thanks Beanielou, it did help :)
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    We’ve had more snow than we usually have here Lilith, though it’s started to melt today. However, When the wind gets up you certainly believe it’s coming in from Russia! :snow_laug
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Lilith1980
    We’ve had more snow than we usually have here Lilith, though it’s started to melt today. However, When the wind gets up you certainly believe it’s coming in from Russia! :snow_laug

I bet! It's been so bitterly cold!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure