PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Comments

• We exchanged and completed today, 18 very long weeks but we made it. Spent a long time cleaning, it’s never as clean as you expect. Good luck to everyone and stick in there it will all work out in the end!!
  • We exchanged today! Complete on Tuesday. Finally! Phew!

There was some faff with sorting building insurance but we got there in the end.

Good luck to everyone else that have exchanged/completed today/soon.

I hope those that are still waiting get some good news soon.
  • chazzab
    chazzab Posts: 26 Forumite
    Seems a flurry of exchanges and completions this week... congrats everyone!

We had our first piece of good news as our buyers valuation came back spot and she was expecting her formal mortgage offer today.
    Massive relief as this was our sticking point last time.

Now just to wait for the usual replies to enquiries etc but my solicitor is confident for an early Jan exchange with completion first weekend in Feb.

Always such a rollercoaster, from feeling the house we were purchasing nearly slip through our fingers to actually feeling like this can happen!! It means we move out of our lovely furnished flat back into our parents only 4 weeks before our wedding but the new house has such potential that it's worth it (oh and it needs heating installed, new windows and re-wire before we can move in !!

It's the weekend now so hope everyone relaxes for a little bit before the manic chase starts again on Monday :)
  • Tiglath
    Tiglath Posts: 3,816
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    We had radio silence from all parties and no clue what the buyer was doing, so DH rang round and threw a tantrum. Suddenly we got an email from our solicitor saying she had a wad of paperwork and further questions from our buyer's solicitor, so it's game on. We won't make the original planned dates - our buyer is just completing on the sale of a property which will fund his purchase of our place. But at least it's not fallen apart, although the whole process has been 2 steps and 3 steps forward since September. Best guess is we'll exchange in the New Year and complete some time in the latter half of January. Congrats to everyone who's seen results this week, and commiserations to those still waiting.
    "Save £12k in 2019" #120 - £100,699.57/£100,000
  • tt07
    tt07 Posts: 98
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    We competed yesterday, long day, transactionally all good, removers didn’t leave us till 19:20!!! We were unpacking at 1:30am this am too and up now for more of the same �� making a house a home ��

Well done to those that completed the journey yesterday and the exchangers.

Happy Xmas.
  • PThome
    PThome Posts: 46 Forumite
    Many congratulations to all that exchanged and/or completed this week :D

We are in the very early stages of this proccess (offer acepted last week) so lets hope everything will go well with us too and we will be in our new house very soon (no chain, so hopefully process will move fast).

Good luck to all still waiting!
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,020
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    do any of you change locks on front doors after you move in?
  • I'll be changing both front and back door locks if I ever complete.

Congrats to those that have exchanged/completed - I'm not at all jealous ;)
  • We are replacing all the doors so locks will be changing, but if they didn't NEED changing and you felt comfortable i would be inclined to leave it ..just an expense you can do without ..
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,020
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'll be changing both front and back door locks if I ever complete.

Congrats to those that have exchanged/completed - I'm not at all jealous ;)

A lock smith advised me the same, saying one does not know who has the keys since the front door was installed in 2003 (UPVC door) (although he would say that!), but he had a fair point.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback