PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is on your moneysaving wish list?

Options
I have recently bought my Ewbank carpet sweeper, so that i dont have to vacuum every day.

I also want a pressure cooker

Theres a few books on my wish list that i want to buy:
The Tightwad Gazette
The Tightwad Gazette II
The Tightwad Gazette III
The Tightwad Gazette Big money Saving Guide

Is there anyone out there with a wishlist that we can compare notes?

Oh and if anyone has got any items on my wishlist you dont want anymore and are willing to send on, let me know.

Comments

• Andrea
    Andrea Posts: 368 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Chutzpah Haggler Newshound! PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Aw, Lidl had a pressure cooker for £19.99 last week. :'(

They might still have some in, you never know. :)
  • Chipps
    Chipps Posts: 1,550 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, Judi
    You can narrow down your wish list a bit if you substitute the 3 TW Gazettes to "The Complete Tightwad Gazette" - all 3 books in 1.
    But if you find a source of cheap stainless steel pressure cookers let me know too please. That's definitley on my wish list as my old one has seen better days & no longer works properly (mind you, it was pretty old when I got it!)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Aw, Lidl had a pressure cooker for £19.99 last week.   :'(

They might still have some in, you never know.  :)

My local Lidl, has sold out, and will not be having any more in.  >:(

Thanks Chipps i didnt know there were three books in one.
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Judi, here's one

and here's a few more ;D
    Bulletproof
  • cathy_3
    cathy_3 Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    blimey theyre cheap arnt they compared to what they used to be

I got one in the auctions a few months ago for £3 shiny new but havnt used it since i sterelised it

must dig it out
  • Tim_L
    Tim_L Posts: 3,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Judi, I've got the Tightwad Gazettes (all three, I think). I'll check with my wife in case she wants them, but otherwise I'll gladly pass them on for whatever it costs to send them. PM me to remind me if you're interested.
  • Murtle
    Murtle Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    what do you cook in your pressure cooker?? My Mum used to cook Oxtail and Corn-on the-cob...two seperate meals....but I wouldn't know what else to do with one ???

can someone advise :-[
  • arkonite_babe
    arkonite_babe Posts: 7,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    what do you cook in your pressure cooker??  My Mum used to cook Oxtail and Corn-on the-cob...two seperate meals....but I wouldn't know what else to do with one ???

can someone advise  :-[
    Murtle,
    I use my pressure cooker (£19.99 Lidl special from last time it was on) to cook spuds, soups, stews, meat and lots of other things. Good for vegetables too.

Quicker to cook spuds in this 10 - 15 mins from start to finish , than boiling and more eco friendly also.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Judi, I've got the Tightwad Gazettes (all three, I think). I'll check with my wife in case she wants them, but otherwise I'll gladly pass them on for whatever it costs to send them. PM me to remind me if you're interested.
    Cheers Troo, now i only have to work out what size i will need. :(

Tim please ask your wife, i would be very grateful if she is willing to part with your copy. Yes i would of course, pay the cost of any postage and packing. I have pmd you by the way.
  • raeble
    raeble Posts: 911 Forumite
    Options
    To be honest with you I found the tightwad gazette a waste of money. It was far too american centric, no effort had been made to re-edit it for the international audience for example the author talked about being able to buy meat or chicken for 30 cents a pound. You can't find meat that cheap over here, that tip isn't particularly relevant. The book which was way over nine hundred pages would have shrunk by a third if all the irrelevant stuff had been taken out.
    The author seem to rely on yard sales - buying things second hand because it was cheaper (obviously hasn't seen the prices of some things in scope :o far more expensive than some of the cheapy shops). Canning stuff and buying things in bulk. Ok, if you have the space but if you don't ... There were a lot of good suggestions but they were common sense for the most part. If you really thought about saving money, you would come to some of those conclusions. I would never advise anyone to buy that book new. Borrow if from a friend or the library first or scout out second hand shops.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure