Board Changes

Options
MSE_Martin
MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Over the next while, we are going to attempt to tidy the boards up. This isn't a replotting and rearrangement. It's more a gentle tidy to get it a bit more in order. (and after that board mods will come in, and there may be a few new boards too).

The following is what'll be happening (if you can get through it) - it's my notes on what'll happen so it's a bit dense and non-friendly but you'll get the gist.

1. Merge the money Polls board into the existing Discussion time.
2. Merge Does anyone know a way to into the I wanna Board and rename it "I wanna buy it or do it"
3. Create a Vent, Bent or Heaven Sent board by merging the Vent board, the 5 star service board and the warnings and rip off boards - the new board should be in the 'Your Tips Category' - which is to renamed (see later)
4. This means The Does anyone know a way to category should now have dissappearered
5. The telephones board should now have two sub boards, one for home phones and one for mobiles
6. The Barclaycard board should be merged into the existing credit card board
14. Move How much have you saved into Thoughts and Feedback on MoneySaving and the Site category (which should now be called just 'MoneySaving and the Site' - meaning the 'how much have you saved' category now disappears.
7. Merge most poupular posts into the existing Post of the Month board (ie within the MoneySaving and the Site category)
8. Merge Martin's Board into Martin's Money Diet board and rename "Martin Board: Media Appearances, Research & the Money Diet"
9. Rename Printer Cartridge Boad the Consumables Board
10. Merge the savings & investments into existing Isas Toisas Pepes board - rename Savings, Investments, ISAs, Toisas & Peps
11. Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning (name change of pensions board)
12. Dealing with money, budgetting, current accounts (name change)
13. Rename Anger & Mirth category into The Money Savers Arms (should now contain - Funny Money, Discussion Thread (merged with & MoneySavers Polls)
The Money Savers Arms )
14. Rename the 'Your Tips Category into' - "Hints, Tips and Requests' - it should now contain Your Tips plus also move the following boards there from the Cheap Buys and Shops category - I wanna buy it or do it, Referrers Board, Gambling into board, In My Home Board. And also bring MoneySaving Old Style there from Questions category
15. Put the Northern Ireland Board higher than the Anything Else questions and answers boards - so that Anything else is the last one in the category.
16. Change Cheap Buys and Shop category name to "Bargain Buys, Sassy Shopping and Fantastic Freebies"
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• DiggingOut
    DiggingOut Posts: 770 Forumite
    Options
    Excellent changes, IMO, with one caveat. You said you would change the name of the money & current accounts board to include budgeting. No one ever posts on budgeting there, and I wonder if that is really the best place to encourage people to post.

My thought was that this might fit better on the debt board. Just a suggestion.
    I have five stars! This doesn't mean that I know anything about any of the things I post. I could be a raving lunatic, or a brilliant genius, or just some guy on the internet. In fact, I could be all three at the same time.

If anything I say makes sense, then do it. If not, don't. Don't blame me or my stars if you do something stupid because I suggested it. I'm responsible for my own stupidity only. You are responsible for yours.

Why, I don't even have five stars anymore! Aren't you glad you aren't responsible for my stupidity?
  • JIMJAM_4
    JIMJAM_4 Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    16. Change Cheap Buys and Shop category name to  "Bargain Buys, Sassy Shopping and Fantastic Freebies"

Love the alliteration
  • Shawz
    Shawz Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    Like the idea of splitting the phone board :)
    Looking to raise some money ;)
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I recently answered a post that was possibly in the wrong place to receive an answer and the poster sent me a very nice pm as she was pleased that someone had answered. (although I wasn't actually much help)

Anyway I see Anything Else is to be retained but perhaps you could find a "punchier" title and somehow point people in the direction of that board so their posts don't get lost in other boards.
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    Options
    How about I change it to the "I don't know which topic it belongs to so I'll post it here board" then maybe it has a mod who can move them.

I quite like that - what dya reckon
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Pat__3
    Pat__3 Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Options
    That sounds really good as you won't have post ..posted all over the place,if they don't know where to put it they will now and as you say it will get put in the right place by the moderators.

Good one Martin.

Pat
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How about I change it to the "I don't know which topic it belongs to so I'll post it here board" then maybe it has a mod who can move them.

I quite like that - what dya reckon

Its about as punchy as I could think of, lol. I'll even volunteer to mod that board if all you do is move posts ;D
  • DiggingOut
    DiggingOut Posts: 770 Forumite
    Options
    "I'm clueless where to post this, I'll try here" ;D
    I have five stars! This doesn't mean that I know anything about any of the things I post. I could be a raving lunatic, or a brilliant genius, or just some guy on the internet. In fact, I could be all three at the same time.

If anything I say makes sense, then do it. If not, don't. Don't blame me or my stars if you do something stupid because I suggested it. I'm responsible for my own stupidity only. You are responsible for yours.

Why, I don't even have five stars anymore! Aren't you glad you aren't responsible for my stupidity?
  • Fran
    Fran Posts: 11,281 Forumite
    Options
    I thought "DON'T POST HERE" would work best.
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
  • trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I thought "DON'T POST HERE" would work best.
    When does anyone ever take notice of that LOL ;D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport