Rights on Faulty Handset on purchase

Options
Hi all

I brought a handset from E2save however it is faulty When I make a call I cannot hear the person on the other end. Also having trouble dialling out and have no signal most of the time. I contacted E2save and they have stated that it falls outside the 14 days period and I have to get it repaired by Carphone Warehouse. Unfortunately I did not get a chance to test the handset at the time it was received due to personal issues hence going over the 14 day period. I am not happy about this and really want a full refund as the issues were present straight away and did not arise over time. I do not want to be dealing with more issues in future. I know that more than likely I will not get my money back but does anyone know if there is a slight chance I can get my money back? What my rights are in this situation? I paid by credit card if that helps.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kay

Comments

• Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    You are conflating different issues - coverage and reception issues are not relevant to a handset (outwith it being known and within standard specification). You don’t say if this was a purchase with airtime (ie a SIM for mobile service).

14 days to test it for satisfaction is a reasonable accommodation the fact you missed this is a pity but is unlikely to change as it opens the door to ‘buyers remorse’ - if the handset is indeed faulty, then get it fixed or have them confirm it is fault-free. I have had several calls that were one-way voice, it wasn’r A phone fault, but the mobile network as it happened in the same places.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure