Tesco Clubcard Rewards savings not as high as advertised

buffman
buffman Posts: 436 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 28 January 2019 at 3:32PM in Shop but don't drop
For many years, my wife has used Tesco Clubcard vouchers to buy a years's subscription to Good Housekeeping. This has always been much cheaper than simply paying the Good Housekeeping renewal price.

This year, it will cost £26 to renew directly.

Tesco is offering to exchange 50p of vouchers into £1.50. However this year there is a catch. You need to follow the link on the Tesco Clubcard website to Hearst Magazines to find out the cost of the annual subscription. This shows the cost to be £57. However if you simply Google 'Good Housekeeping subscription' and go directly to the Hearst Magazines' site rather than via Tesco, the cost of the annual subscription is not £57 but £39.99.

It is true that one can spend 50p of Tesco Clubcard vouchers and get £1.50. However you can only use these vouchers on an inflated price and so the saving isn't anywhere near as much as Tesco indicate.

Comments

• I also have a Good Housekeeping subscription which I took out last year using club card vouchers. I received the reminder of expiry from GH with the £27 offer and was astonished when I learned it was £57 using the club card vouchers. What a rip off.

In the end I haven't renewed at all, I find the magazine pretty uninteresting these days and poor value even at £27 per year. I'll find something more suitable I'm sure.m
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport