Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    GeeTee99 wrote: »
    Hi

Had yet another problem with E-on.

They were supposed to change a meter today and got a text - not even a call - at ten past four telling me they've not coming. Had to take a day off work for this.

Hello GeeTee99 and I'm sorry we weren't able to keep this appointment. Depending on the circumstances, you might be due a payment under our Guaranteed Standards of Service.

There are certain standards of service you can expect when dealing with us including doing what we say we will. If we don't, we'll make a payment to say sorry. Where it's our fault a meter appointment fails, we'll pay £30 within 10 working days regardless of whether or not you complain. If we don't do this within the 10 working days, we'll make the original payment plus an additional payment of £30 because it's late. There's more information about this on our website.

I'm not saying this applies to your situation GeeTee99 as I don't know the reason we couldn't visit as planned. It's certainly worth asking the question though.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    edited 12 July 2018 at 12:01PM
    vgiz18 wrote: »
    Good morning,

I'm not sure posting this is going to do my tariff any good, but I need to let it out.

Our tariff is due to be renewed in a bout a month and I am really disappointed to find out the offers that are available to us. We have been E.On customers for the last 3 years, and we have been extremely satisfied with the service so far.

Right now we have a E.ON Saver Fixed 1 Year v11, for which we pay £46/month (it used to be £53, but it got reduced to £46 mid-way through this year).

We rent, and we are not allowed to install a smart metre. This means that the cheapest tariff we are being offered is E.ON Clean Energy Fixed 1 Year v5, which means we would have to pay £70/month. That is a hike from £636 to £843 per year, which is more than £200 per year.

As you may imagine, we are confused as to why the price hike is to huge, especially when our monthly rate was reduced earlier this year. We are talking about a 32.5% increase out of the blue.

I spoke to one of your employees on the phone on Wednesday and he told me that this was due to the general increase in prices. Looking on your website I have found out that your prices have increased 4.8% (I can provide a link, but as a new user I am not allowed to post it; you may find the data on an E.On blog post from June 19th of this year). However, a hike from £636 to £843 is not an increase of 4.8% but 32.5% instead. Yesterday I wrote an email through the "contact us" section of your website, and you told me (I copy and paste): "As this is a business decision surrounding our prices I will close the complaint as the is no escalation for a commercial decision".

I am very disappointed that I need to resort to this forum, but I really don't know what to do. You say that your tariff will increase 4.8%, but that is obviously not true, and you simply close the complaints without further discussion or explanation. Is there anything we can do about this besides changing providers? We have been very happy with the service that has been provided to us so far, but I understand a 32.5% increase to be simply abusive.

Best wishes.

Hello vgiz18 and welcome to the Forums.

I'm glad you've been pleased with the service you've received so far and understand your disappointment with the tariffs we've available when compared with your current deal.

The price increase we announced recently applies only to our Standard Variable Tariff, Energy Plan. It doesn't affect customers on fixed deals. Your Saver Fixed 1 Year v11 was a discounted tariff and only available for a limited time. It guaranteed the unit rates and standing charges would be kept lower than our standard product for the length of the agreement. Like many special offers, it had a restricted shelf life and it's good you were able to take advantage of the cheaper prices for a year. Since then, the market has changed and recent products haven't been so competitive.

As well as the tariffs on our website, we've other products available exclusively through Price Comparison sites (as spainman says, these include MSE's Cheap Energy Club). If you pop your usage in kWh into these sites, you'll be able to see these tariffs as well as those offered by the other suppliers. From there, you'll be able to choose what's best for you. Our advisors know these tariffs exist but don't have any details so are unable to talk much about them.

With your current deal ending in a month, you'll be inside the Price Protection window (open 49 calendar days before a tariff end date until 20 working days after). If you decide to change supplier and your preferred supplier is in touch with us during this period, we'll keep you on the cheaper prices whilst the switch goes through even if this is after the current deal ends. Exit fees also don't apply whilst inside this window.

I can confirm our advisor's comments. Price changes and tariffs are business decisions and won't be changed. We'll have recorded your complaint and acknowledged your unhappiness with this decision. It will have been closed as there are no further actions that will be taken.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction vgiz18.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • fredandwilma
    fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi Malc,

I'm sending a pm.

Please could you sort this mess out?

Thanks

f&w
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
    Hi Malc,

I'm sending a pm.

Please could you sort this mess out?

Thanks

f&w

Hello fredandwilma and good to hear from you. Hope you're okay?

Company reps don't have access to PMs on MSE. Do you mean you've emailed the address in our Profiles? If you have, our systems are down at the moment and nothing is coming into our mailboxes. Not sure when we'll be back up and running. Will keep an eye out.

Malc
  • fredandwilma
    Hello fredandwilma and good to hear from you. Hope you're okay?

Company reps don't have access to PMs on MSE. Do you mean you've emailed the address in our Profiles? If you have, our systems are down at the moment and nothing is coming into our mailboxes. Not sure when we'll be back up and running. Will keep an eye out.

Malc

Sorry, yes.

I know, I got cut off because the call centre was being evacuated.

Thanks

Carpe diem
    Sorry, yes.

Thanks

Sorry about this fredandwilma. Most of our phone lines are down and have been since about 10 this morning. Live Chat and emails have been affected too.

Our IT guys are flat out trying to fix this. I'll let you know when we're back up.

Malc
    Sorry, yes.

Thanks
    Sorry about this fredandwilma. Most of our phone lines are down and have been since about 10 this morning. Live Chat and emails have been affected too.

Our IT guys are flat out trying to fix this. I'll let you know when we're back up.

Malc

Our phone lines are largely back up now fredandwilma if you would like to try again. Not so much with emails as the IT guys are still working on these. If I don't see your email before I leave tonight, I'll pick it up when I'm back in next Tuesday.

Sorry for the hassle.

Malc
  • fredandwilma
    Our phone lines are largely back up now fredandwilma if you would like to try again. Not so much with emails as the IT guys are still working on these. If I don't see your email before I leave tonight, I'll pick it up when I'm back in next Tuesday.

Sorry for the hassle.

Malc

Yes, I know, thanks.

I've just spent another 45 mins on the phone, with my complaint now with a second resolution manager.

Enough is enough for today.

Carpe diem
  • spainman
    spainman Posts: 5 Forumite
    E.ON must like wasting paper and money to send out so many WRONG bills to me.
    Get your facts right E.ON
    The energy ombudsman is on to you.
  • spainman
    spainman Posts: 5 Forumite
    Well, another incorrect bill E.ON have kindly sent me. This is beyond a joke. You lot must be the most incompetent bunch i have ever come across. You really deserve some sort of award :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    A bill a day courtesy of E.ON and all of them :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:WRONG
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback