The Happiness Fund.

Comments

• Upsidedown_Bear
    Upsidedown_Bear Posts: 18,264 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hello Mrs Upsidedown Bear, I am pleased with the kitchen savings slowly but surely I am getting there.

Do you have any advice about kitchen shopping?

I was unwell earlier and spent most of my day off in bed. I think I inadvertently ate something with dairy in it and I'm allergic. :(
    Sorry you've been unwell :kisses3:

No advice about kitchens - I've never purchased one myself. Except one already in a house :rotfl:
    Might be worth asking here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Many thanks Mrs Upsidedown Bear, gosh! I didn't even know that Forum existed. I will investigate kitchen threads on there in my spare time from now on.

I have just written one easy lesson and have one more to write but don't know if I can be bothered to do it today. I might wake up early tomorrow. :o

Blood sugars v high am waiting for them to drop. :mad:
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I asked my OH about kitchens and he said to get as many cupboards/storage as you can. Also to have lots of worktop space.

We like looking at property on Rightmove and the amount of properties with completely impractical kitchens is amazing. So many have no real worktop space and nowhere to put anything you've just got out of the oven for example. Have a look yourself and you'll see :)

Hope your blood sugars drop soon and you feel better :A
  • savingwannabe
    Mrs Upsidedown Bear, Bless you, you are both definitely right. My current kitchen is great for cupboards and also for worktop space. It is well laid out but just very 80s and the wall tiles are v old. The rest of the house is modern so I am just going to update the kitchen and not change the layout. I don't want to be stuck with a beautiful but non functional kitchen where the designer charges loads for things I shan't use. lol.

I am also not going to add a patio door into the garden as it will involve moving the sink and losing kitchen space. The lovely garden is outside so what if I can't see all of it, it is only one door away and I do have a large window in the kitchen to view it.

I am thinking smart now, we have to survive in this economic climate. lol. I am just going to spend £8,000 and when this project is done I will save like crazy to overpay the mortgage and also add to retirement savings as I only have my occupational pension. Yay.
  • Hope you feel better soon savingwannabe, being sick is always horrible.

And congratulations on £3000 :beer: Next step - The Halfway Point! :D
  • kitty__2
    kitty__2 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Congrats on the £3000! :j And hope you feel better soon!
  • savingwannabe
    Helloo ladies many thanks, I feel better. Hurrah and the weather looks nice today too.
  • savingwannabe
    Oooooerrr, I have just been given a 6 year MSE badge.

Thank you.

I have just spent a lot of money £46 on 3 MAC studio tech foundations and delivery. They are usually £25.50 each plus postage so I have definitely saved some money.

I know this is an expensive make but I have never worn any other. I will investigate cheaper brands later in the summer maybe.

No other money spent this week. I have £5 to spend for the rest of the month in my spending fund and £100 in my food fund. I think I can justify this spend as an investment as I do wear make up for work. Maybe???
  • savingwannabe
    After a lovely lie in I am potting my lovely plug in plants that have been here for a week. I will have great flowers in the summer I think, providing I put in a bit of effort now. The next few weeks are going to be cold and I daren't trust the greenhouse to be too warm yet so I will keep them inside till the early morning frost stops.

I have been watching one of those naff programmes about billionaire lifestyles. Gosh I am glad I am poor. What a lot of complication. Tutors for 2 year olds, botox for 20 year olds :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Upsidedown_Bear
    Combo Breaker First Post
    At least it's not botox for 2 year olds and tutors for 20 year olds :eek::rotfl:
    Plants sound lovely. Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback