Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

If I'd had a look at the forecast as recently as her, I think I'd have made the same condition!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,273 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Ooops. One sleep then :j
    Have a relaxing time :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy Holibobs KC!

See you on the other side ;):D
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Happy holidays Karma , hope you have a lovely time xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I am in a similar situation.
    Maybe 8 to payout.
    I only seem to get 1 - 2 a month these days.
    Lucky you with two this week :)

Hope that you have a great time and that the weather is OK.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Have a lovely break! :)
    xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :wave::wave::wave: hello lovely peeps.

I'm back! It was a great little holiday, and also great to have such a short journey to and from :D We had to adapt timings slightly because of the, um, torrential rain, but it worked out for the best in terms of what we saw when.

Unfortunately I picked up a lurgy - sandpaper throat, all the rest of it. I'm trying to tell myself its better now than during the cruise ... and currently hiding from the heat behind closed curtains, and trying to catch up on the washing (we took our own bedlinen) ...

It'll be nice to take some time to catch up on the diaries :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome back KC - glad you had a little adventure!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    :wave::wave::wave: hello lovely peeps.

I'm back! It was a great little holiday, and also great to have such a short journey to and from :D We had to adapt timings slightly because of the, um, torrential rain, but it worked out for the best in terms of what we saw when.

Unfortunately I picked up a lurgy - sandpaper throat, all the rest of it. I'm trying to tell myself its better now than during the cruise ... and currently hiding from the heat behind closed curtains, and trying to catch up on the washing (we took our own bedlinen) ...

It'll be nice to take some time to catch up on the diaries :)

I hope you feel better quickly Karmacat!
    Must use my stash up!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 6 May 2018 at 2:15PM
    Options
    Lovely to see you back home safely, KC. Your holiday sounds as if it's done you a power of good, apart from the throat of course. Hope you'll feel better very soon:beer:

I did a car boot sale this morning, setting up at 5.15 but the heat and sun defeated me in the end and I came home while there were still late buyers parking up and starting to wander round at 12.30. No shade whatsoever on that field and I don't cope too well in the sun. I had sunglasses on but still ended up with my usual headache.

I've planned to do more of the same tomorrow, I must be a glutton for punishment:eek:, but must strike while the iron is hot. I will be clutter free someday if it kills me. We don't get too many days when the field isn't muddy or a howling gale is blowing. Good weather seems to put everyone in a good mood and they're much more likely to spend. Why they want to buy my rubbish I can't imagine though:rotfl:. I made £189.30 after pitch fee which is worth a bit of discomfort in my opinion.

I've just replenished the stuff in the car ready for tomorrow and I'm now off for a shower and a much-needed cup of three or tea.

I hope you're all either revelling in the sunshine or managing to keep cool if you don't get on too well in it:beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback