Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• pretzelnut
    pretzelnut Posts: 4,301 Forumite
    Options
    I have an email from exclaims (Bott&co)

Thank you for using our system to file your claim.
    We have investigated your claim and must conclude that at this time we do not have enough information to continue processing your claim. Would you please send copies of the following documents?
    (e)-tickets Original booked flight(s)
    Confirmation e-mail Original booked flight(s)
    Boarding pass
    When you were re-routed, please also send us travel documents concerning your replacement flight(s).

I have NONE of these documents as my flight was back in 2010 and I didn't think I would need to keep them. Ive emailed back stating this, just wondering what happens next?
    :TIs thankful to those who have shared their :T
    :T fortune with those less fortunate :T
    :T than themselves - you know who you are!
    :T
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pretzelnut wrote: »
    ..I have NONE of these documents as my flight was back in 2010 ...

Perhaps have a browse of your bank or credit card statements to see if the booking reference is with the item that shows payment for these flights.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • pretzelnut
    pretzelnut Posts: 4,301 Forumite
    Options
    richardw wrote: »
    Perhaps have a browse of your bank or credit card statements to see if the booking reference is with the item that shows payment for these flights.

I am the lead passenger, my ex paid on his bank card. We aren't together anymore. So I cant ask him for the info. He wouldn't provide it even if I did ask for it.

I have the booking reference, Thomas Cook gave it to me. We booked over the phone on xmas eve of 2009.
    :TIs thankful to those who have shared their :T
    :T fortune with those less fortunate :T
    :T than themselves - you know who you are!
    :T
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pretzelnut wrote: »
    Ive emailed back stating this, just wondering what happens next?

Send SAR to TC as a matter of urgency and tell B&Co you are doing this.
  • morgana
    morgana Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    batman44 wrote: »
    I only wish we were all that lucky or it was that simple, they seem to pick and choose what they want to defend. I think they push as far as they can go and then when the evidence is stacked up agaisnt them the pay out but not until the last minute. /QUOTE]

I agree. Some seem to get a pay out but some like me have to go thru the aggravation of a court case even when we have followed the same procedures. Surprised too cos most cases are being delayed cos of the Huzar leave to appeal.
    Well done to those who got their pay outs in time for Xmas :)
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    Options
    PM socrates 1882 (Kevin Clarke) or Coby Benson who post on this forum and ask if they can progres your claim..........they are approachable and helpful.

Since when was "progress" a verb, Travel Sick? You break Prof the Lord Vauban's heart ... ;)
  • edwolf88
    Options
    [COLOR="Blue"]looking for help and advice.

dont know if my complaint is a denied boarding, delay or even both.

Thomas cook say The cause of the breakdown could not have been foreseen prior to your aircraft departing and for that reason, we class this flight delay as an ‘extraordinary circumstance’ and no compensation would be applicable.

The plane we were in the middle of boarding for our return flight from Cancun to Gatwick was commandeered by Manchester passengers, not knowing this at the time we were asked to leave the plane and go to another gate where we could see another thomas cook plane waiting.

There were utter confusion when we were left waiting not knowing why passengers from that gate had boarded our plane and taken off.

it was not until our plane was in the air they informed us that their plane had developed an engine problems and if a plane did not go to Manchester it would cause a greater knock on affect for thomas cook.

[/COLOR]
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    edwolf88 - read FAQ's on page one then post flight number/date etc however with a 26 hour delay you would appear to have a legitimate claim however the battle will be getting TC to pay out.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    Options
    Progress is both a noun and a verb Prof. but is this not a diversion from the purpose of the forum?

I think using "progress" as a transitive verb is ugly. You'll be telling me your authored you own post next ...

Edwolf88: You don't have a claim of denied boarding, from what you describe. But it sounds like there was a clear operational decision to reallocate your plane to another flight. This would, in my non-legal opinion, be difficult for TC to justify in court. But you are likely to have to drag them there first ...
  • murty
    murty Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    can someone please point me to the "success thread" because I don't know how to find it? many thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure