Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    mhoc wrote: »
    We have so many very beautiful places in the UK that you would both enjoy exploring - think of areas of the country that you would like to revisit or new places to explore or events you would like to go to eg The Edinburgh fringe, the tall ships race, the Norfolk Broads, food festivals all over the place, Hogmany, last night of the proms, Edinburgh tattoo, carol services in York Minster,
    Or what about different types of accommodation - from yurts, to Romany caravans to 5 star luxury hotels, canal barges, luxury boats on the Thames, railway carriages, Scottish castles ...
    Or days out type activates - steam trains with meals, hot air ballooning, walking with lamas, cocktail making events, gin distilleries, posh afternoon teas in nice hotels, tourist boats down the ouse ...

Make a massive list of even the most stupid of ideas, let your imagination run wild, let it run and run and only then start to shortened it, eliminating the most silly or impossible to organise ideas ..

Can I add Durham?

You could come for here for tea:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    I'm just back in from a womble. Off to check if there's anything interesting:D
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • LANGO1966
    LANGO1966 Posts: 2,054 Forumite
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    Fwiw did the Fizzy Pop lollies compare against M?
    I assume they haven't picked up the Oat Granola vs M?

12 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x Nestle Shreddies MAX Protein Crunchy Oat Granola (400g) £2.49 N/A
    2x Loyd Grossman Bolognese Pasta Sauce (660g) £5.36 £4.00
    1x ASDA 8 Fizzy Pop Ice Lollies (8x55ml) £1.00 N/A
    2x Mission Deli Original Mini Wraps (6pk) £1.50 N/A
    1x Belvita Breakfast Biscuits Milk & Cereals (225g) £2.50 £1.00
    1x Carte D'Or Classic Vanilla Ice Cream Dessert (1l) £2.00 £2.00
    1x ASDA Fresh Double Cream (300ml) £0.95 £1.07
    1x Snickers Bar 7 Pack (7x41.7) £1.50 N/A
    1.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.87 £0.87
    1x Belvita Breakfast Biscuits Fruit & Multigrain (225g) £2.50 £1.00
    1x Young's Breaded Scampi (220g) £2.00 £3.00
    1x Pizza Express Original Dough Balls with Garlic Butter Dip (200g) £3.00 N/A
    3x Birds Eye Inspirations 2 Fish Chargrills with Tomato & Herb (300g) £10.50 £10.50
    1x Clover Light Spread (500g) £1.00 £1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £27.68 £24.44
    +£3.24 cheaper
    For your information:
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    It's lovely to see you posting zippy. I was worried you would fall down the plughole:o:)

Just trying to occupy my mind. :)
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    36779318_10156492365996489_4717029342721343488_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=551a3e6d71189d8d7f89fbcf5ce7d210&oe=5BA280A4
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Snap why don t you take a tour of the Highlands and Islands . Either by train or flying into Inverness the city in the highlands..There are lots of nice guest houses there and you could do your own thing or maybe one of these tours where a mini bus picks you up from a guesthouse and takes you somewhere for the day then dropping you off at another guest house or possibly the same one. :D
  • izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Snap why don t you take a tour of the Highlands and Islands . Either by train or flying into Inverness the city in the highlands..There are lots of nice guest houses there and you could do your own thing or maybe one of these tours where a mini bus picks you up from a guesthouse and takes you somewhere for the day then dropping you off at another guest house or possibly the same one. :D

Snap there are so many beautiful places all over Britain, but I must agree with emerald ;), how much energy has that sister, getting to and getting around some sights are quite hard going if energy levels are low, trips out of Inverness in a bus are many, Eilean Donan castle , Dun Robin,loch ness you might see the monster, Inverewe Gardens but to be honest they would all need a certain level of energy, what's her interests, Dun Robin have a fantastic birds of prey collection which they put on a display with and you can get up close to them,Di would love it :)
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    BellaI vouchers worked on takeout :cool: Go to their website first and register your email for a 50% off voucher code for pizza/pasta (search Google for Bella I takeaway 50 off) ... though it doubles how long it will take to spend them :D.

HTH

Anon
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Can I add Durham?

You could come for here for tea:)

After seeing the tall ships in Sunderland, and before visiting Beamish the next day.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Snap, how about a safari in this country?

https://www.aspinallfoundation.org/port-lympne/

We stayed at Port Lympne earlier this year and can thoroughly recommend it. Accommodation a bit expensive but you get entry to the park from 9am on the day of arrival until closing on the day of departure and it includes the safari which was excellent even in February, so close to the animals I can imagine it's even better in the summer months.

Some of the accommodation includes golf buggys so your sister would be able to get around easier. Some is self catering, but plenty of options on site and we got taxied in a minibus to our evening pizzeria meal (not incl.) from our accommodation.

Some really luxurious accommodations available as well as more basic. And you get to walk around the park after closing and before opening, we were near the wolves and tigers.

We stayed there just the one night and then travelled not far to the coast and stayed at the 4* Hythe Imperial Hotel for couple of nights.

https://www.hytheimperial.co.uk/

I have seen stays at Port Lympne on either Living Social or Groupon (not sure which) in the past and sometimes they pop up on Secret Escapes.

Also we booked a indulgent cream tea at the Hythe Imperial at reduced cost through Groupon too.

It was that good I would do it again...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport