Lombard Direct...Where are you now

ashby32
ashby32 Posts: 5 Forumite
edited 6 July 2018 at 12:46PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
Well here we go again , help needed to reclaim PPI from our old friend Lombard Direct.
We all remember the tv adverts where the big yellow phone and a number to remember for year to come. Call 0800 2 15000. The great 2000s were a time of phone loans and being a home owner there was plenty to choose from. The mail reason with Lombard was that it could be done so easy over the phone and with very little grief, One call did all, Friendly affordable and simple forms .
I think this advert got to many of us out there and a i have read there were hundreds if not thousands of us that had a loan. Now to get to the point , when it comes to the dreaded reclaim of there PPI its a complete nightmare , pillar to post from one bank to the other one person get no blinking where...ARRRR.... Holding in my hand and for all to view the paperwork back from 2004 and 2006 account numbers and bank details and even.......how much insurance i had to pay...Bang/Bonus every thing in one place how easy can this get. Well after hours and grey hairs i still cant get anywhere , so for this reason help is needed. My first question is simple ( has anybody been able to reclaim money back. Question 2. Who and what bank now holds the rights to Lombard direct money ( this one is a well kept mystery ). And the last but the most important is Has anyone/body had anything back....??.:rotfl:

Comments

• ashby32 wrote: »
    Well here we go again , help needed to reclaim PPI from our old friend Lombard Direct.
    We all remember the tv adverts where the big yellow phone and a number to remember for year to come. Call 0800 2 15000. The great 2000s were a time of phone loans and being a home owner there was plenty to choose from. The mail reason with Lombard was that it could be done so easy over the phone and with very little grief, One call did all, Friendly affordable and simple forms .
    I think this advert got to many of us out there and a i have read there were hundreds if not thousands of us that had a loan. Now to get to the point , when it comes to the dreaded reclaim of there PPI its a complete nightmare , pillar to post from one bank to the other one person get no blinking where...ARRRR.... Holding in my hand and for all to view the paperwork back from 2004 and 2006 account numbers and bank details and even.......how much insurance i had to pay...Bang/Bonus every thing in one place how easy can this get. Well after hours and grey hairs i still cant get anywhere , so for this reason help is needed. My first question is simple ( has anybody been able to reclaim money back. Question 2. Who and what bank now holds the rights to Lombard direct money ( this one is a well kept mystery ). And the last but the most important is Has anyone/body had anything back....??.:rotfl:

Lombard Direct has been part of the The Royal Bank of Scotland Group since 2000.I suggest you contact them over this issue, or use a CMC to do it for you. :beer:
  • ashby32
    Done that and go a lovely letter from them today, There saying its with Nationwide........Really...... and ofcouse Nationwide come back with.......No its the RBS Group you need to contact.
  • campbell19925
    campbell19925 Posts: 203 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    ashby32 wrote: »
    Done that and go a lovely letter from them today, There saying its with Nationwide........Really...... and ofcouse Nationwide come back with.......No its the RBS Group you need to contact.

It's definitely RBS mate.

Get a CMC to do an initial free no obligation check for you - let them do the hard work - then do it yourself (the claim that is), thats what I would do in your situation.

Make sure it is an initial check is with no obligation and don't sign a contract tying you down to do a resulting potential claim.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,768 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    What a load of guff, do not use a CMC, they don't do anything that you can't do
  • campbell19925
    campbell19925 Posts: 203 Forumite
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    What a load of guff, do not use a CMC, they don't do anything that you can't do

Have you even read what the OP has said? CMC can been useful to use for free they do a lot of the digging and might help find the finance in this case as obviously the OP is struggling
  • ashby32
    i have been successful with other claims with out using any claims company ( Barclays ect ect ) but Lombard are being a right pain. Never give up my old dad said....:A
  • TrickyDicky101
    TrickyDicky101 Posts: 3,512 Forumite
    Have you even read what the OP has said? CMC can been useful to use for free they do a lot of the digging and might help find the finance in this case as obviously the OP is struggling

I'm intrigued what you imagine a CMC would do in the way of 'a lot of digging'? Do you imagine they have access to loan/policy details not available to anyone else?
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Lombard Direct has been part of the The Royal Bank of Scotland Group since 2000.I suggest you contact them over this issue, or use a CMC to do it for you. :beer:

Lombard has been part of Nat West since, I don't know, as long as I can remember. RBS took over Nat West in 2000 and Lombard came with it.

Any PPI complaint starts here.
    https://www.fca.org.uk/ppi/contact-lombard

5 seconds on Google. :)
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,768 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

lolol

Nope, a CMC sends the same SAR or garbage generic complaint to everyone and hopes for the best. They CANNOT access your records and cannot do any "digging" without a signed LOA just as I cannot ring up your bank and get your details.

A CMC uses the same complaints process you use yourself, they have zero special powers and in many cases harm your complaint
  • ashby32
    Just like to say thanks for everyone's information about Lombard Direct I guess NATWEST are going to get a phone call on Monday or do you think it's better filling out there form.

Let's hope we have some good news on Monday.

:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport