PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning all - been AWOL again :o

Welcome home DD and happy birthday Miss Mhags

Lovely pleasures all - thank you.

Mine for the last few

1. Went to Cardiff on Saturday for the rugby. We won :T - apparently the match was awful but I don't know enough about it to really know that. I enjoyed it. More than that, I enjoyed spending the afternoon with DS. He has had some girl trouble :( (think he declared too soon on his feelings). Gave him some advice and I think they've made up and will be just friends for a bit - just as well as they share a flat...
    2. Had a house sorty out day on Sunday while everyone was out. OH finds himself suddenly very busy - so much so that it's affecting his sleep :eek: that hasn't happened in years. DD went to Comicon
    3. Finally got all my extraneous activities out of the way and gone back to 'the day job'. Feels good.
    4. The autumn colours and the smell in the air.
    5. Not really OS or MSE but definitely a pleasure - we have booked a winter break to La Palma, a small Canary island :T We go the first weekend in January..

Have a great day all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • ampersand wrote: »
    Has the smoke survived the bop?
    Yes!

LT Cough Cough. Me thoughts trains go chu chu! No has to be said, no get well from Jenny, just BIO HAZARD! Well, I is not BoP if I don’t!

Now for other on how to avoid sniffles. Get your flu jab, free for people like BoP. Use of Vic, I said vic, not the comic viz. Hot lemon, home and a decent bourbon! And you’ve guessed it, proper foods!
    Welcome home DD. KSA looks different from the inside!

Now who is this Jim thing and cooking in thirty minutes! As I explained on Sunday, Mr Knorr rings me fopr the Parsley Sauce recipe, not the other way! Enuff of the charlatans!

5 Back from the smoke as we collected some more bales of cotton for the mil. Will be interesting and pension looks flush this very fine morning. Stokers are poised to fire the boilers ready to make cloth.

4 Now back at mill sorting the order we need to do the cloth. This work causes BoP be write at 7,000 words a minute and burn rubber on the typewriter reels. One day inn here we will gets a new fangled computer thing and dictate to that instead! In the meanwhile, just look at the burning rubber!

3 Got home late and BoPsie had got a bottle of wobbleade for BoP. A Gary Cooper film was watched. He won, as always! And ran off with the lassie! The Westerner. Now you don’t need BoP to tell you more about decent people and white chargers!

2 Night BoP will be inn his beach ready look for 2018 at the gym. Viewing times are about a quarter to six o’clock this afternoon. Now you don’t need me to tell you about proper foods and keeping in trim! But I am as it is BoP’s high horse and cart! This luch BoP has had his crumbly mature cheddar, salad and three cakes of Jaffa. As reported on Sunday inn your news from BoP on Sunday Mr Vities has decide to swizz us and remove two cakes from the packet. BoP cleared shelves! Please avoid the emporiums while the swizz us.

Don’t say nothing at all!
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Finally made it back. Things have been stupidly busy with the new job, but seem to have settled now. I absolutely love it, but each bit of marking has a very low rate of pay. As a teacher, I cannot help but give the best explanations I can, which takes time. Gradually, I've speeded up.

Okay, what's been happening?

1. Well, the big news, that a fair few of you know about, is my mother in law, Jessie Eden that was, pioneering female Trade Unionist, has finally hit the radar, and is a character in the new series of Peaky Blinders.
    The actress playing her is doing a sterling job.

2. I've got myself a wheelchair for days out. Still in box, but unboxing will happen.

3. I got Personal Independence Payment standard care rate, back at the end of August, so my money worries have melted like snow in summer. I kept enhanced mobility, which I had with Disability Living Allowance. The procedure of applying for PIP did my head in, just about, and I can cope with things like this, generally.
    I did have a friend coming in to help with cleaning, but that has come to a temporary halt, getting the professionals back in, for the first time in a few years.

4. Heating. Be warned, folks. I called out a local firm to service my boiler, and after a ten minute visit, discovered that I had actually paid £50 for a landlord's safety check, not a full service.
    I then managed to get an independent tradesman to service the boiler, he was here for an hour and serviced the boiler, for £50. He also repaired a fault which should have been uncovered on the safety check.
    I've heard similar stories.

5. I'm now a weight that I haven't been in years. Project Improve Arthritis continues. Cooking lots of lower calorie meals. I particularly recommend Jack Monroe's Spinach and lentil daal, from her second cookbook. Cost pennies and very flavourful, and it's freeze-able.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    VJsmum - awww, I hope he finds a lovely girl who doesn't see that as a bad thing. My DH is soppy and very open and I think that makes him rather special.

mcculloch - glad to hear your money worries are at an end...sounds like things are on the up. Our boiler service man charged £80 and it doesn't seem to take long at all (it's a new boiler and all seems to be digital now?). Feels like a swizz but I daren't not do it.

OK, mine for today:

1) Lovely frothy coffee at my desk.
    2) My ex, DD's dad, is taking DD on Friday night so we can go out. Was nice of him and his GF to agree last minute. I'm glad he's not a t**t as we will be forever tethered now! He's got a box at the o2 Little Mix concert on Saturday, free through work, so is taking DD. She is bouncing off the walls :) We will be going walking with friend who is a local elderly chap and Dickens enthusiast. He will be taking us on a walking tour and then we will have a very boozy lunch. Hurrah!
    3) Went for a brisk 5k run with colleague. After last night's 10k it was quite hard going but I'm feeling chuffed I went and did it.
    4) There are SIX types of cake in the kitchen. It was the Director's PA and receptionist's birthdays. Thank goodness I'm vegan, or I'd be as fat as a mole.
    5) DH sent me a lovely text which has made me go all wibbly.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,562 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 November 2017 at 1:25PM
    NZWill is off, Jim is on.

It's clocky Lots, which absolutely are not &, so this is a 1349bells live report,<Tattersalls.

4 lots removed to Meriva. Temple hangings may do well. 1840 - The Scottish Chiefs, Miss Jane Porter - 2 vols, cracking(not literally) bindings. Good sgd, no.'d copy, The Book of Affinity, 1933 - regular Jewish interest buyers at Spits, sought after. Another nice little mixed lot, small bronze scroll weights, bronze censer,sgd, decent age, v.pleasing lid.

Was under bidder on folding book, Grand Tour, Japanese !!!!!! for yurpeans, as opposed to erotica. Nearly bid again, but holding back for this arvo, sth particular. In a way, glad I did. Went to settle, clear, avoid end of day scrum, remove things in dry and buyer ahead was R, unseen for years.
    Now, warm embrace, doubtless each of us thinking years had taken some toll of other:-) BUT was able to truthfully say I'd just been thinking of him, recalling a day when &'s R was alive and today's R sat with us upstairs, looking out over river with a good bot. of claret, while & wrote a good letter on his behalf. Both R s much liked each other.

He has that Lot.....will take near 4 figs for it on resale. Ah well, concentration time again &.

We're onto silver, then objêts de vertu.... & territory.

Back later.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• 1)Screaming gulls riding the wind over the river.

2) Whirling snowstorms of leaves off the trees as Cookie and I walked the footpaths.

3) Bright blue flowers on my rosemary bush, such a lift.

4) Finding a lovely red heavy cotton jumper for £3.50 in a charity shop this morning.

5) Bus ride in and also back home again chatting to my friend Ivy from up the road, both worlds now put to rights and much giggling!
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,562 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Outbid.

Really, really wanted them. Went past £600.

Ah well....Ruskin buttons.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• PM2DD #UTM. My Chief Eng is a Blades fan. I need PV. I’ll leave it till fryday!
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,897 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    PM2BOP 3 each. that's the way to do it
    1) colleague's face when i asked her if she'd like to go to Jamaica
    2) trying one of the dates i brought back nom nom
    3) catching up with xoh while walking home - i do love the mobile phone!
    4) walking the dogs through blustery weather
    5) being snuggled up in bed listening to the wind outside
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,147 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 22 November 2017 at 12:46AM
    I'm not far from the Ruskinlands, Ampersand.

Pleasures for today (Tuesday)

1) - 100) Goodbye, silly Origin Broadband and hello, BT! The new router suddenly glowed blue and everything we own has been connected up and is working. Password changed to something easier to remember. We were just short of 4 weeks with no internet access...

101) Hens well but are still going through a severe moult. New bedding ordered.

102) Christmas shopping continues with some headway made this afternoon.

103) Met my friend for a cup of tea.

104) Went to Sainsburys so actually have milk now. And bread. And other food.

105) Smaller son went to watch his football team and they won 4-0.

106) Bigger son and I watched Holby then I'm a Celebrity.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback