New Journey

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Oh dear a visit to dentist is costing £244 , I knew it would cost me this. Panicking at first , but will have to use EF , no choice. Have had another bill as well that I had forgotten as well . My yearly tenancy agreement charge another £75 . My funds are depleting before my eyes, however a year ago it would have all gone on a credit card but at least I have the money. Will just work on getting the EF back up again.

Need payday to arrive , to top all my funds up again.
  • I used to get a charge like that when I rented. It was for 'admin' :rotfl: I phoned and asked if we could move to a rolling contract instead of a 6 month term or whatever, and what the admin fee would be if we did.

She said, "Of course you can. There's no fee for that." I was :j that I'd saved the money but :mad: that I wouldn't have known if I hadn't asked.

Anyway, always worth asking :D
    SPC 11, No. 062 DFD November 2020 :(
    Aug 2017 B'card £5006.83 BoS £1086.59 MBNA £0 Total: £6093.42
    Aug 2018 B'Card £995.06 BoS £863.43 MBNA £3,644.98 Total: £5503.47
    9.68% paid off
  • Oh dear a visit to dentist is costing £244 , I knew it would cost me this. Panicking at first , but will have to use EF , no choice. Have had another bill as well that I had forgotten as well . My yearly tenancy agreement charge another £75 . My funds are depleting before my eyes, however a year ago it would have all gone on a credit card but at least I have the money. Will just work on getting the EF back up again.

Need payday to arrive , to top all my funds up again.
    That sounds like legitimate use of the EF, but how annoying when you've worked hard to build it up.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • System
    Community Admin
    Thanks Hellsbell and TOPM . Done something very not MSE have gone back to my old gym today , the cheaper one wasn't appropriate to my life style. Another £10 a month but at least I will be going more often than I had. Been tonight and loved it .

That's it , when is payday !
  • System
    Community Admin
    Hope all London MSE users ok after this mornings attack.
  • Thanks Hellsbell and TOPM . Done something very not MSE have gone back to my old gym today , the cheaper one wasn't appropriate to my life style. Another £10 a month but at least I will be going more often than I had. Been tonight and loved it .
    Funny, same for me. Cheaper gyms don't cut it for me so I don't go and waste the membership but fluffy towels, good staff, a lovely pool and it feels like a treat to be there. This isn't who I want to be but it is who I am. I didn't admit this for ages but 'to thine own self be true' and all that :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • System
    Community Admin
    edited 17 September 2017 at 7:42AM
    Doingitanyway, I see it as a treat as well , I look forward to going now , takes all the stress away having a good swim or gym session.
    Have had a terrible month moneywise , EF has had a massive hit, car insurance , tenancy fee , dentist .
    Yesterday I bought myself new clothes for winter as I must have had a bigger cull than I thought earlier in the year . Have spent almost £120 on work clothes all from matalan and charity shop. This includes boots and pair of shoes plus some new underwear , used debenhams voucher from topcashback for this .

Am setting myself a no clothes spend now until Christmas as I don't need anything else.

I still feel guilty when I spend any money . My EF will be all but gone I think I have £150 in it . However at least nothing has gone on credit card and payday tomorrow so back to proper budget .

Have lots of Christmas presents already , and have money in present fund . Haven't touched that at all for anything other than presents.

Next weekend I go away for a few days , spa day with a friend and then a few days doing a hobby of mine . Everything barring petrol is paid for .
    I suppose I should be proud of what I have achieved since January and realise that all the money I have spent is mine that I have saved , but somehow it doesn't feel right.

Anyway shopping in Mr A soon with about £13 in food budget plus the rest of my £15 entertainment money which is about a fiver .

Have found some things to eBay so they will be bring listed today .
  • System
    Community Admin
    Shopping was £:16 am happy with that '. Just want to get tomorrow's payments done , then start on the way again. No real harm done , just everything has come at once.
  • System
    Community Admin
    Payday at last , transfers done . Hoping to try and put money back in EF this month . Will update totals in signature.
  • System
    Community Admin
    Smallest card I have made the balance £1000 , can't wait to make it the 900's .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure