Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Comments

• Wellyboots6
    Wellyboots6 Posts: 2,735 Forumite
    Go for it Ono! It'll help that you already play an instrument.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 August 2016 at 8:07AM
    Parent did, Ono - she learned the piano at the same time as me. With strict instructions to the teacher that I wasn't allowed to learn anything until she'd already mastered it.

WaS, words fail me where BiL is concerned, hope it's nothing majorly serious with MiL. Has she broken something?

ER's latest ploy is threatening to report anyone who crosses him to social services for abuse. Which is not a great idea when you rely on other people for support.

Calley, don't know what you do but could you look for something just for a few hours to start with to build your confidence back up again? Or is there anything you could do from home? Thinking of people per hour, or similar.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Ono, I have music lessons and am far (far!) from a spring chicken. I'm supposed to be doing an exam in November :eek:. It's great - hard work, but in a completely different way to work etc. I swear my brain is genuinely glad for a different sort of challenge.

Go for it!

WaS - hope MF is doing ok. xx
  • Milliefleur has fractured her hip and will have surgery this afternoon. The hospital were lovely and we can call back anytime.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Poor Milliefleur :( Hope this afternoon goes smoothly for her, and that her recovery is smooth.

Ono, I say go for it! I went through a phase of wanting to learn a new instrument (remember the saxophone! :p ) and one of those instruments was the piano. One Christmas D bought me a keyboard, and because I could read music, I was convinced I would be able to teach myself....ha!

Calley, what is it exactly that's holding you back about getting a job? Is it being around people? Maybe (although this would screw up your sleeping patterns perhaps) get a night job in a supermarket replenishing the stock or something along that line?

Ok, where's this hot weather we've been promised for today? Quite overcast here atm. Might go out on my bike again? Went on an 8 mile ride the other day, and it's only took me about 4-5 rides to realise that my seat wasn't high enough lol! It is now though, and that's why it's so much easier....doh!
  • tea_lover
    Same here Georgie - it was forecast to be 29 here today, and was really hot at home this morning. Am now sat at work in a dress and shivering!

Sounds like milliefleur is in good hands WaS. Hope the surgery goes well. Is WaSp ok to travel for visits now should he need to, how are the shingles?

I am doing my usual work routine of 'stare at ever-increasing things to do list then spend day procrastinating'. Can't even bring myself to open most of the emails from my boss.
  • tea_lover wrote: »
    Same here Georgie - it was forecast to be 29 here today, and was really hot at home this morning. Am now sat at work in a dress and shivering!

Just heard my neighbour talking to the window cleaner and saying "it's meant to get out really sunny and warm later on"....so here's hoping the sun is just having a little kip!

I know how it feels, I'm so tired today, just couldn't drop off to sleep last night.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    tea_lover wrote: »

I am doing my usual work routine of 'stare at ever-increasing things to do list then spend day procrastinating'. Can't even bring myself to open most of the emails from my boss.

It's warm here and I have a computer day at home. I am currently gazing longingly at my garden wishing I was out there instead.
    Speaking of computers, you ok Code?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    WaS - there really aren't words to describe BiL (well, there are but none of them can be used here...)

I hope all goes well with Millefleur this afternoon and that she's on the mend soon.

Ono - definitely go for it. Piano is something I'd love to be able to play but I'm far too lazy to bother to learn.

WW - I'm glad you managed to get your meds and bonus about the Gumtree thing. I love a bargain!!

Calley - What's your biggest worry about going back to work? Hopefully you'll be able to find something which bypasses that.

For once I actually have the weather we were promised. It's a shame that I'm sat in a freezingly cold air-conditioned office...
  • tea_lover
    Thinking more about the music thing... am in awe of piano players. Have always been very impressed by the fact that you're effectively reading and playing (at least) two different pieces of music at the same time. That's some impressive brain work, and hand work.

My unfulfilled music dream is the cello. I've never even touched one but have always really wanted to learn to play it. Now I just need to find somewhere I can try one without having to actually buy it first! Is musical instrument hire a thing - outside of schools?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback