We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    thunder, lightening, golf ball size rain here :T

we desperately need it ! the ponds and lake are drying up :eek:
    a lot of the forest watering holes [for hoss's etc] are dry...

Incredible compared to previous years isn't it? Remember where it was all flooded, those villages with streams either side of the road my side of a303 your way here? Those streams are dry this year, and other way the route that floods every single year cutting us off from a Bath the short way didn't.

Who knows what to predict in the future?
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There are severe weather warnings for us tomorrow :eek: I am going to be child free for the day (thanks to fabulous family members :)) and I had planned a wonderful day relaxing in the garden and making the most of the hard work I have put in over the last week. Ah well clearly it is not to be :(

I will turn my thoughts to house clearing and listing things to sell and clear a bit of space.
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Incredible compared to previous years isn't it? Remember where it was all flooded, those villages with streams either side of the road my side of a303 your way here? Those streams are dry this year, and other way the route that floods every single year cutting us off from a Bath the short way didn't.

Who knows what to predict in the future?

that one time I visited I didn't think id get to you through that village near you ... remember there was all the hoses pumping water out through letter boxes !! I giggled but felt sorry for em :o
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Great you will get some time to do stuff without Rumlet, but sorry it is gonna be an indoors do.

The wind is fairly picking up & some big rain splats - yet last Summer was brilliant........ until August when it rained & rained & doesn't seem to have stopped since! eIt's quite cold too - stove is on. Wettest year on record we hear tell.

Just been out to the house & it is getting there -but do hope plumber does come & get the freaking water on - I really do want to get in my gorgeous looking free-standing oval bath.......
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Well after alot of huffing and puffing 'Diva Pig' has had 11 puggles... Mainly all of them white and a few of them with the odd black splodge..there are one or two alot smaller than the rest, but this is fairly normal... So will take some pucs layer of the new lot of bacon seeds lol

Runner what a oop re weather and time in the garden... At least it will be nice to have a day to yourself..

Choille fingers crossed the plumber has turned up, if not is it worth asking where you get the pkumbi g supplies from, for details of any reliable plumbers that would finish the job off for you??
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What wonderful news CTC!
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • I_have_spoken
    I_have_spoken Posts: 5,051 Forumite
    edited 17 July 2015 at 1:02PM
    Options
    Poured with rain overnight (as anyone who expected to watch the golf on tv will know).

'Compost accelerator' arrived OK ;) Maybe a bit too wet to spill it today.

Fishes are costing me more money, replaced the plastic plants with live ones.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    'Diva Pig' has had 11 puggles...

Hooray! I bet every one of them has been worth the wait:beer:
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    well done diva piggy ! no more sleepless nights CTC !

ive worked this morning and now having cuppa before heading off to mums to liberate some more plants......

dry and cool breeze here.. rain was...well... short lived ....poop
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Plumber hasn't come.

He's phoned & said he'll come tomorrow if we pay him 1st. We hear he was completely legless last night.
    OH & I had words as I'm all for going elsewhere as it's like blackmail.

Congrats of the piggy wiggies CTC - how nice.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback