Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Saversue wrote: »
    My picture is terrible, can't believe how bad I look. Don't you have to sent a passport size picture?

I've always done mine in the photo booth in M.
    Was a fiver last time though!:eek:

Afternoon peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Where has the walnut gone from walnut whips!
    Treated myself and though something had gone wrong.....
    More cutbacks.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No spend day here, but have printed out and added up my debenham's vouchers, courtesy of quidco... £114.69 to spend:j:j:j
    Thought all I needed (as opposed to wanted :money:) was a slow cooker/ crockpot. Then reality struck, decorating/plastering (if that blinking plasterer ever gets back to us:eek:)
    our sitting room....... going to need new curtains and lamps and lots of other things!!
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    On another note I'm :mad::mad::mad: with the survey site OP, I only need 5p to cash out £40 has there been any surveys today, no there freeking well hasn't!
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    mhoc wrote: »
    Both - we are both suffering from old age and decrepitude - the house and myself :rotfl:

Mhoc, I really feel the cold but I couldn't wear as many layers as you.

Every year I buy Damart long-sleeve thermal tops and I wear one as a base layer. I do find the thermal effects wear off, presumably the effect of constant washing, so this year's purchases are very very warming and good for those big freeze days we just had, last year's are still very effective for temps above freezing but under 10 degrees, and the 2016 ones are much warmer than an average long-sleeve t-shirt and will take me nicely into Spring.

Earlier years had to be binned due to eventually laddering but it took many years for this to happen, they just get thinner and thinner till they give up.

I can hand-wash one at night and it will dry by morning if left on a hanger in the shower, so I am never without one and it's like having a second skin.

Sorry to bang on :o but it might be worth trying. :)
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    pippo wrote: »
    On another note I'm :mad::mad::mad: with the survey site OP, I only need 5p to cash out £40 has there been any surveys today, no there freeking well hasn't!

I find that with You Gov or NewVista, I get close to cash out and have to wait days if not weeks for another survey.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Saversue
    Saversue Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    curl_girl wrote: »
    I've always done mine in the photo booth in M.
    Was a fiver last time though!:eek:

Afternoon peeps.

Being a member of the elite was trying to save the £5/£6. But not sure it's worth the effort.
    Also if you fill the form online it looks like you have to send a virtual picture with the application :(
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Where has the walnut gone from walnut whips!
    Treated myself and though something had gone wrong.....
    More cutbacks.[/QUOTE

Do you mean the one on top ? They used to have one at the bottom too years ago and delicious coffee flavoured cream ones .:( Also the chocolate was formed in swirls from bottom to top not like now where they are moulded to look like that.
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 March 2018 at 5:18PM
    For anyone who goes to costa, a little tip - ask for a medium flat white (they only do small), but Ive done this a few times now and they offer to top it up to medium with milk.
    Flat white is £2.60 at mine minus 25p for reusable cup, so £2.35 for medium coffee.

Disclaimer: may be assistant dependent :o
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Oh heck ... my V M internet and tv have gone off :eek:.

So much for negotiating a new deal :o.

This approach (cancel, order elsewhere) has worked for others but not for me :(.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Anon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills