School refusing

Comments

• miriamac
    miriamac Posts: 2,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Ames wrote: »
    I really don't think they'll read a 112 page letter. Is it possible to cut it down?

^^^^^^^ *This*^^^^^^^

112 x 112 times ^^^this^^^

You need to cut it right down. You will probably need help to do that because you are simply too close to the situation to be able to pull out what is relevant and what isn't.
    What would Buzz do?

I used to be Snow White - but I drifted.
  • atrixblue.-MFR-.
    atrixblue.-MFR-. Posts: 6,887 Forumite
    edited 11 March 2018 at 6:23PM
    miriamac wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^ *This*^^^^^^^

112 x 112 times ^^^this^^^

You need to cut it right down. You will probably need help to do that because you are simply too close to the situation to be able to pull out what is relevant and what isn't.
    ERM unfortunately no, because the guidelines were broken this has to be highlighted and there are many guidelines and rules of NHS that were..... how can I put it..... extremely streamlined and important parts of assessments didn't happen or were ignored in favor of one single score thats ASD school scale sent back by the school. Ive been stating for a long time my daughters diagnosis of ADHD/ASD is wrong (they now say they aren't including her as ASD no more in the letter to the school).

So the NICE guidelines missed out, streamlined or adapted has to conform part of the complaint (as per LHB complaints procedure).NHS guidelines missed completely, so these has to be included also.
    Then theres my evidence this has to be included also.

ive tried allways to slim it down, and ive made it easy to navigate the complaint, my mum read it in less than 5 mins its that well layed out theres just so much of it that's all.

Theres also a request to re assess based on my evidence and the Missed opportunities.

If they don't read it they could find themselves infront of a medical disciplinary that much has gone wrong if I choose to take it further and complaint to he nursing council and others.

I also know I have grounds to make a medical negligence claim, but I'm complaining in a to the point factual way first and foremost to give the best opportunity to put things right for everyones sake especially my daughters.

so much has come to light since the letter and gone on in the background that ive been dealing with, its been a challenge. But I can assure you its not an emotional rambling complaint its very factual, to the point to slim it down and avoid emotions.
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I'm impressed you mum can read 112 pages in less than five minutes! That is some seriously good reading skills!
  • BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    JReacher1 wrote: »
    I'm impressed you mum can read 112 pages in less than five minutes! That is some seriously good reading skills!

One page every four seconds! ;)
  • miriamac
    miriamac Posts: 2,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Atrix, as the above two posters say - five minutes to read 112 pages? Even at speed reading/skim reading rates, that's...how can I put it...unlikely.

That's also taking account of the fact that your mum knows all of the issues, she knows what has been worrying you, she knows the things you've been complaining about. She doesn't have to stop to think "what does he mean here?" at any point, because she already knows your story from your point of view. Her mind will 'translate' and fill in gaps as she reads.

Please consider asking a trusted 'outsider' to read the letter. 'Outsider' in the sense of someone you haven't spoken to about the issues you're raising in your complaint.
    What would Buzz do?

I used to be Snow White - but I drifted.
  • BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    112 pages is a court case bundle of evidence.

Is that what you are doing?
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • Tabbytabitha
    Tabbytabitha Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Are you sure you don't mean 11/12 pages?
  • Who the hell would want to be a teacher these days.
  • 5 simple things point to simple laid out guidelines within the NICE guidelines, so for e.g

DD has not received this assessment in NICE guideline 1.1.3. page 26.

(opens guidline to that number and its a simple bullet point paragraph)

But there 112 pages of it all in all the main important ones are to the forefront and NHS guidelines are then only 2 pages. so if you read the complaint it points to all simply and well structured 5 mins is all it would take to get through the guidelines (the main bulk of the complaint) and know things didn't go to the book.

Its been handed over se lets see how it goes.

I appreciate your opinions, I am listening, sometimes its hard to implement what opinion fits where and hwo to structure that with whats going on in the background. My lea states to write down everything your not happy with, provide the relevant guidelines or evidence or both.

Its hard to explain everything without being identified so we shall just re focus now on the schooling aspect, rather than her diagnosis for now till I have more information to give to you.
  • So it seems twin 2's issues at school with bullying hasn't stopped.

I set up a meeting with school, I spoke with deputy head, he suggested putting the girls to the table to talk frankly and openly about how eachother are treating eachother and how they can resolve it under his monitoring and mentoring, twin 2 had the choice for me to be present, me to be in the school staff room not present but at a comforting distance across the hall, or go home and if twin 2 wanted to come home after the meeting then deputy head would ring me.

hour later deputy head rang to say Twin2 wants home and that the meeting didn't go so well.

That night one of the girls in the bullying group on a single app that twin 2 forgot to block her on, a nasty message that not even I can repeat here!, this when twin 2 opened up and stated that when sir was talking to them one to one about the issues the other girls stood behind him behind the door glass mocking him when It came to twin 2's turn to speak 1-1 they were making gestures of a kind that meant they were not happy with her bringing them to the table for a chat such as making the cut throat gesture and pointing at her, raising fists and middles fingers at her.

I went to the school and reported these the next day and over the weekend it was quiet for twin 2 who had blocked all on social media.
    Come to today, sir wanted to see the messages so twin 2 showed him them, even he said what is the point sending you messages like that, he asked twin 2 how does she want it dealt with, get them pulled in for a talking to, or let it be for now and see how today fairs up and go from there, any more issues, then hell pull them back in and consider what to do form there on, so she decided to leave it at this point and see what happens rest of the say, came dinner time, they cornered Twin 2 in the basketball courts (the group never go there so went out their way to seek her out) and called her names and offering her out for a fight, all the way through twin two just kept saying that's ok and when it came to being offered out for a fight she politely declined saying she doesn't fight so if they want to beat her up then try it there and then and they all fell silent and didn't know what else to do, Twin 2's friend then told them where to get off where they retreated and walked away calling twin 2 and her friends dirty skets weakling and the like twin 2 and friend just turned away appearing to ignore them.
    This was reported to deputy head again who this time will pull in for a chat tomorrow, but before he does I want to know what he is going to do so i'll call in for a chat about it in the morning.

any hints and tips this so it can be resolved promptly, ive read their bullying policy and am following it, were getting close to suspension for the girls, but my way of thinking is why praise them with a day off, the parents wont care, it will annoy the parents to be dragged into the school for a word, but the likely outcome will be nothing form the parents side of things, which gets me thinking punishment can come in many forms, and taking away a break time in isolation and splitting the girls up seems like a more fitting punishment to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure