HSBCs £200 switch incentive ending this month?!

Comments

• Has anyone received the £150 yet? I switched towards end of October and haven't received it yet and am worried I may have missed something. I have joined online banking, paid in the £1750 per month and switched 3 direct debits.
  • mcphail wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it takes from switching, to receiving the £200? My switch completed on 4th October, but nothing in my account yet. Thanks

Me too. Nothing yet but I switched a couple of weeks after you.
  • bioboybill
    bioboybill Posts: 3,426 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    It says you get the money within 50 days. It's only 16th November, so you have only waited about 3 weeks from near end of October.
  • 12 months later, the £50 follow up bonus appeared in my account yesterday. :)
  • SpeedSouth
    SpeedSouth Posts: 333 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 19 November 2017 at 12:30PM
    bioboybill wrote: »
    OK, so I just applied for HSBC Advance and have been accepted. However, during the online application it asked if I wanted to switch using the CASS system and offered me an earliest date to switch of 23rd November. I remembered that the £200 was only available if you did the switch either over the phone or in the branch, so I said no. I then got a message to say I should get my details by post within 7 days. I am hoping that means I will still be eligible to do the switch by phone or in branch once I have all my details, as the T&Cs say you need to complete a successful application by 26th November and start a switch within 30 days of opening the account?

So I have ballsed this up have I? I put in that I would like to switch online when it came up. I'd read it was available for phone and branch but assumed if I said no I'd lose that option.

I didn't expect to see it as part of the online application, having read the above.

Does this then mean I won't get my £150 bonus?

Reading on their website it states..
    Instruct us to start a full switch of a current account with at least 2 Direct debits/Standing Orders using the Current Account Switch Service (CASS) to start within 30 days of your Eligible Account being opened for the £150.

*You'll need to register for Mobile or Online Banking within 60 days of account opening for the extra £50 payable after 12 months. The above offer applies to successful applications received by 26 November 2017 and is subject to availability. You can switch accounts online during the application or over the telephone or in branch once your account is open
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Received my £150 bonus. Nice and easy.
  • Mchambers
    I will keep the account open as I only need to transfer £1750 in and out each monnh. Nice and easy for an extra £50.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,205 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Mchambers wrote: »
    Received my £150 bonus. Nice and easy.
    Mchambers wrote: »
    I will keep the account open as I only need to transfer £1750 in and out each monnh. Nice and easy for an extra £50.

Wot? No compliants:cool:

(and yes, I do know how to spell complaint)
  • Mchambers
    badger09 wrote: »
    Wot? No compliants:cool:

(and yes, I do know how to spell complaint)

Not this time. It very easy and and problem free:D:D:D !
  • Regarding this condition
    You must open the account by 11.59pm on 26 Nov, then start a full switch using HSBC's Current Account Switch Service, including at least two direct debits or standing orders, within 30 days

I presume this means that two direct debits must be present in the prior account before the switch, you can't set it up after? If so I may need to arrange another direct debit before the switch if not before the application

I also presume they aren't bothered about sending £1,750/mth in then 1750/month out to the same bank? Seems a bit of a cheat.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure