Fake aftershave - Ebay

Options
Got some aftershave today, turns out to be fake.

I have the genuine stuff and this smells slightly different, as well as the bottle being different when compared to the genuine one.

Is this simply a case of SNAD on Ebay?

Thank you

Comments

• mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,790 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes just open a SNAD. You can go and get written proof from the manufacturer it is fake so you don't have to return. Really though what is the point? Open a SNAD. Get your money back. Leave feedback after as a warning to others.
  • marcarm
    marcarm Posts: 1,205 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I opened a case, got a refund and the seller sent a message saying thanks, I shall get answers from my supplier. Not sure I believe that!!
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    Well that's a good result for you.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    I would also suggest that you dispose of the stuff rather than being tempted to use it.
    Chances are that it's harmless but if it is counterfeit, who knows what chemicals have been used in its manufacture.
  • marcarm
    Options
    ebay told me to not return the item, I left a neg to warn others about the fake item and the seller responded as below. The seller also stated that they were going to mail me a SAE to send the item back which has not arrived and I am sure as hell not going to pay myself to return it.

Can I get their response removed??
    Fake product, nothing like the genuine version AVOID AVOID

Reply by xxxxxxxxx (01-Oct-17 16:26):
    totally scammer, not willing to return but wants a refund.
  • ballisticbrian
    Options
    God knows why you didn't just open a SNAD as advised above, they would have been forced to pay for the return and you wouldn't be worrying about your feedback - and they probably wouldn't have bothered sending you the return label for it to be returned anyhow.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • marcarm
    Options
    I did open a SNAD with ebay??

Or is that different to reporting it as fake??
    29 SepYou created a return
    Reason for return: Doesn't seem authentic
    Comments: Fake aftershave, bottle is different to the genuine one I have, as well as it smelling slightly different.
    The seller accepted your return of Paco Rabanne 1 One Million 100ml EDT Spray - Brand New, and refunded you £34.99. It should be available in your PayPal account.

You don't need to return this item to the seller - you can keep the item. You can view details of this return on eBay.

Just loooked at the return details and their address is incomplete as well, with just a road name and no actual number.
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 4 October 2017 at 3:54PM
    Options
    marcarm wrote: »
    I did open a SNAD with ebay??

Or is that different to reporting it as fake??

Quote:
    29 SepYou created a return
    Reason for return: Doesn't seem authentic
    Comments: Fake aftershave, bottle is different to the genuine one I have, as well as it smelling slightly different.
    Quote:
    The seller accepted your return of Paco Rabanne 1 One Million 100ml EDT Spray - Brand New, and refunded you £34.99. It should be available in your PayPal account.

You don't need to return this item to the seller - you can keep the item. You can view details of this return on eBay.
    Just loooked at the return details and their address is incomplete as well, with just a road name and no actual number.

It's when the seller clicked to refund you that you got an automatic email saying you don't need to return the item. This was initiated by the seller so why did his feedback suggest you didn't want to return the item?
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • marcarm
    Options
    No idea, the only comms I had from them was to say that they will send me a refund and also a prepaid envelope and to return the item, I have had no such envelope or have communicated directly with the seller.

It was not his feedback but in response to feedback I left them, I have not received feedback from them directly.

All in all it is a downright lie, I have emailed to say they can have the awful crap back if they send me means to get it to them, either postage or an envelope or whatever they want, I don't want the item and it is here just cluttering up the place.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If eBay have said you don't need to return then leave it for the seller to send you the means to return it.

As for the feedback. That looks like six of one and half a dozen.....you realise you can't be identified from it do you? The seller on the other hand has been branded a seller of fakes without any evidence. You both deserved to have your feedback removed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure