Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Serendipitious
    Options
    Fuming.

Just picked up a 12 pack of Actimel in T (£2) and got the 0% fat one, tried one and it is horrid.

Looked at the label and it seems they contain artificial sweetener. Which I avoid like the plague where possible.

My own fault for not inspecting the ingredients list in the shop.

So cross with myself for not reading it, and cross about the waste.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,005 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    Morning all :)
    Anyone who does the Amex card churning thing, according to HFP there are rumours circulating that the rules about reapplying will be changed, possibly from six months to two years :(
    Very sad if true, I have a cashback plat due so will do it this week.
    I think....
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mrs_lds wrote: »
    Can you buy 12 different flavours to get apg?

No, I don't think so, unless one is the trigger, ie not available online. The APG will see twelve and know you have paid £3. The glitch is either that it doesn't see the trigger and thinks you have bought 11, or that it can't see more than 10 of the same flavour ones bought and therefore thinks you have just bought 10 or 11 yoghurts. The till sees all of them.
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    £5.65 postage

Every meal tastes better when you've grown the ingredients yourself, so we've teamed up with Thompson & Morgan to offer you a free Potato Growing Kit worth £24.98, containing 3 Potato ‘Charlotte’ Tubers.

This award winning favourite potato is great for early season growing and a must-have early cropper for 2018!

But that’s not all, as you’ll also find included in your kit the following:
    •3 x 8 litre Black Patio Planter Bags
    •100g of Incredicrop Fertilizer
    •5 x packs of Lucky Dip Vegetable & Salad Seeds

HOW TO CLAIM

1. Join or sign into your account

2. Enter any one Unique Number from the back of page of the Mail between Sunday, 21 and Saturday, 27 January
    3. Click 'Redeem' by Wednesday, 31 January - no need to spend any Nectar points
    4. An email with further details on how to claim your potato kit will be sent to you within 24 hours
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tweets, thank you for the further info about becoming over 60. No time to find your post and quote it but I giggled at your interview technique.

Need to get going now but just back from little foray into local shops. Aldi only had a little santa with three reindeer for 29p which I considered expensive (mse aka Scrooge rules OK!). So I went into Boots and asked. They had no Christmas chocs left but the kind lady SA suggested I tried Clinton's. Their coins were still marked 50% off but actually scanned at 15p. So I was a very happy bunny and bought a dozen. SA startled at the price and we scanned a few more bits but they were still only 50% off. Popped into Boots on my way back to the car to thank the kind lady who said she worked there and had marked them down on Sunday. So I asked if anything else had been marked down and she said 'chocolate Santas near the till'. So I bounced back to Clintons and asked. Sure enough, Thornton's chocolate Santa was reduced to £1 and had a sell by date of January 2019. I was a very happy bunny...

Chocolate Santa is available from Thorntons for £2: http://www.thorntons.co.uk/special-offers/santa-model-64599.html

Thanks everyone for your help with my chocolate coins search. They have a sell by date of May or June 2018 but does anyone here think I should pay attention to that please? I normally don't...
  • LANGO1966
    LANGO1966 Posts: 2,054 Forumite
    edited 23 January 2018 at 1:00PM
    Options
    Shopium free Cafe Royal coffee pods from Sbobs also Bol veg pots. Sbobs and waitrose
  • chocaholics
    Options
    [QUOTE=Chrisv

Yes, should work chocaholics :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks Chris
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good morning all, looks like more rain up there but dry at the moment and very mild.

Could we add WUL to that please, down to my last but one bottle of Fairy and beginning to think I will be trying Magnum from Aldi's before too long :eek:

Own brand A lasts ages
  • braveheart60uk
    Options
    Gosh. Coughee from midday today!!!
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    Tweets, thank you for the further info about becoming over 60. No time to find your post and quote it but I giggled at your interview technique.

Need to get going now but just back from little foray into local shops. Aldi only had a little santa with three reindeer for 29p which I considered expensive (mse aka Scrooge rules OK!). So I went into Boots and asked. They had no Christmas chocs left but the kind lady SA suggested I tried Clinton's. Their coins were still marked 50% off but actually scanned at 15p. So I was a very happy bunny and bought a dozen. SA startled at the price and we scanned a few more bits but they were still only 50% off. Popped into Boots on my way back to the car to thank the kind lady who said she worked there and had marked them down on Sunday. So I asked if anything else had been marked down and she said 'chocolate Santas near the till'. So I bounced back to Clintons and asked. Sure enough, Thornton's chocolate Santa was reduced to £1 and had a sell by date of January 2019. I was a very happy bunny...

Chocolate Santa is available from Thorntons for £2: http://www.thorntons.co.uk/special-offers/santa-model-64599.html

Thanks everyone for your help with my chocolate coins search. They have a sell by date of May or June 2018 but does anyone here think I should pay attention to that please? I normally don't...

I'd say take no notice normally but last summer I was given a carrier bag full of Easter eggs - the kids were fed up of them by July, simply because they had had so many. Many of them had already started developing that white bloom, and some of them tasted a bit off.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure