Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• Kernow666
    Kernow666 Posts: 3,480 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    got myself a free Ipad for christmas thanks to all the cashback i got in the last 18months

thanks TCB :)
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
  • anna42hmr
    anna42hmr Posts: 2,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    @TCB Rep - how accurate are the extra stats on the merchants, I have a home insurance policy i bought from John Lewis, the cash back is at the confirmed status and has been for a while, the policy was purchased on 18 September.

The merchant stats on the main page state:

"We last received a payment from this merchant during December 2015, for transactions in October 2015."

any idea why I have not received my £40.40 yet if you've already received the payments for September and October?
    MFW#105 - 2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12/ 2021 overpaid £1506.82 /2022 Overpaid £2975.28 / 2023 Overpaid £2677.30 / 2024 Target: £1800, £572.15 overpaid as at March so YTD = £355.88 Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £34,178.29
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey Everyone,

I hope you had a fantastic new year!

@wannaberichbtch - I am sorry to hear this hasn't been resolved yet :( Please do reply back to the email thread you have with us and we can take another look over this for you.

@Kernow666 - That is fantastic to hear :) I hope you enjoy using your new tablet!

@anna42hmr - These statistics are accurate but as merchants pay in batches the odd one or two may be included in a later batch. If you check your estimated payable date and this has passed by over four weeks please do send in an email to mse@topcashback as I would be more than happy to help look into this further.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • @wannaberichbtch - I am sorry to hear this hasn't been resolved yet :( Please do reply back to the email thread you have with us and we can take another look over this for you

I have raised this issue again directly with TCB, perhaps you could look at all TCB members that have outstanding unpaid claims with Santander for credit card applications (There were quite a few before Santander disappeared from TCB)

B_Ms advice would seem the only way to go in getting this matter resolved.
  • anna42hmr
    anna42hmr Posts: 2,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary

@anna42hmr - These statistics are accurate but as merchants pay in batches the odd one or two may be included in a later batch. If you check your estimated payable date and this has passed by over four weeks please do send in an email to mse@topcashback as I would be more than happy to help look into this further.

Best wishes,
    Matt

Thank you for your offer of assistance, I appreciate it. I have sent an email over to you this evening. Yes it has passed 4 weeks since the estimated payable date as it states 10 weeks from purchase (and it is now over 15 weeks)
    MFW#105 - 2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12/ 2021 overpaid £1506.82 /2022 Overpaid £2975.28 / 2023 Overpaid £2677.30 / 2024 Target: £1800, £572.15 overpaid as at March so YTD = £355.88 Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £34,178.29
    Hi wannaberichbtch and anna42hmr

@wannaberichbtch - I will be sure to check our the statistics for this merchant and if anything appears odd I will get it investigated for you and the rest of our members.

@anna42hmr - Thanks for sending this offer. I will reply back as soon as I can :)

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi wannaberichbtch and anna42hmr

@wannaberichbtch - I will be sure to check our the statistics for this merchant and if anything appears odd I will get it investigated for you and the rest of our members.

I hope there's some truth in that. Financial merchants vis TCB have been troublesome for ages and ages now. Yes, Santander has been dropped (or have taken themselves out of affiliate marketing), but others don't get dropped and that's despite well known long term issues!

I have raised this issue again directly with TCB, perhaps you could look at all TCB members that have outstanding unpaid claims with Santander for credit card applications (There were quite a few before Santander disappeared from TCB)

B_Ms advice would seem the only way to go in getting this matter resolved.

Hopefully it will finally be resolved for you (and others) and without having to go to regulatory bodies to achieve what was promoted.
    Obviously the TCB 'fair play policy' has failed yet again here.
    Is it ever implemented now? Or just there for the hype? I favour the latter, sadly.

I will be contacting a merchant direct after next Monday if my claim isn't fully resolved. Three months now since the merchant took my money and I'm being asked to wait another two months!
    Therefore can we kindly ask that you allow the remaining two months estimated to receive a response from the merchant/network please?
    This is the length of time it takes to build a house, albeit a small one!
    No customer care there whatsoever and what I would like to hear is, "sorry for letting you down, we will get this resolved immediately". But, you have to be customer focused to go down that route.

I'm going to invite the CEO of the company involved to post on here and explain the lack of care and why it takes them months to investigate an issue. Obviously, if not resolved.
    Another TCB 'exclusive' that's gone pear shaped, although the offer did look 'too good to be true'. Maybe that was the intention?
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    Hi @B_M,

Thank you for your comments. In regards to our Fair Play policy this is still very much at the heart of what we do here at TopCashback. However, as explained within it it doesn't mean we will pay everyone's cashback. If this was the case we would advertise ourselves as a guaranteed cashback site.

All offers on our site are posted very much with a confident intention of they are real. Sometimes they do look too good to be true but that's like cashback itself: It may appear to be too good but underneath it is a system that works and the vast majority of transactions are successful leading to money back for making the same purchase you would have made anyway.

If you would like me to check anything on your account please do let me know.

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • I can't seem to locate the test tracking page as I haven't used TCB for a long time. Can someone point me in the right direction, please?
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!

If you would like me to check anything on your account please do let me know.

Thanks Matt, but I've had updates (as above) from the Customer Care team.
    I personally would like the merchants point of view though, so hopefully this may follow. Especially after reading some of their 'customer care' notices!
    I can't seem to locate the test tracking page as I haven't used TCB for a long time. Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

The test tracking page disappeared many moons ago, along with the helpful forum.
    The tracking testing was deemed unreliable over many different platforms / browsers now I believe.
    Screenshots of the offers and their t&cs and a copy of the tracking history is the way I go, if that's any help.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback