Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey everyone,

@antrobus - To put this differently, would you rather we axed the bonuses we run, axed top up? The Humminbird game etc? We run a very tight ship here at TopCashback and make sure that we provide the best service we can.

Paying off declined claims or unpaid claims just isn't a sustainable proposition while also giving away all the money we get for the commission. I must also say, it's not something we have ever promised you.

By joining our site and accepting our terms and conditions you agree to the service we provide. Of course, feedback is greatly received and acted on where possible but your suggestion to pay off every claim without getting that money back from the retailer just isn't possible.

I'm sorry it's not the answer you are looking for.

Regards,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Hey everyone,

@antrobus - To put this differently, would you rather we axed the bonuses we run, axed top up? The Humminbird game etc? We run a very tight ship here at TopCashback and make sure that we provide the best service we can. ....

TCB do all that now and still make £3m a year.

I was simply responding to your complaint that "we can't pay you the funds if we are not paid them as this would come out of out own pocket" that TCB had deep pockets.
    Paying off declined claims or unpaid claims just isn't a sustainable proposition while also giving away all the money we get for the commission. I must also say, it's not something we have ever promised you.

So where does the profit come from? In any case, I know for a fact that TCB don't give away all the money it gets on TSM commission.

By joining our site and accepting our terms and conditions you agree to the service we provide. Of course, feedback is greatly received and acted on where possible but your suggestion to pay off every claim without getting that money back from the retailer just isn't possible.

I never suggested that at all. Don't make things up.
    I'm sorry it's not the answer you are looking for.

I wasn't looking for any kind of answer from you. If I wanted an answer I'd ask one of the directors. :)

P.S. Dear MSE board guide; I know this is all off topic. But condescension sometimes inspires me to indulge in a little tail tweaking. Sorry about that. :)
  • stemcgoo
    stemcgoo Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    @Matt (TCB)

I think the point that I and others such as Antrobus are making is that you guys are very good at hiding behind small print.

I am also a member of Quidco and other sites. Before online shopping i check out which offer the best rates for the sites i am intending to shop on.

I have been using referral sites since at least 2011 and have amassed thousands of pounds in cashback. I know how to use sites (only one for a purchase) , how to properly ensure a tracked purchase and yet, consistently it is only TCB i need to complain about.
    Quidco (and other sites) are much better at both confirming and tracking a purchase and indeed the resultant payout.

@Matt, i am sure you will repeat your previous comment that you do not know how or what other sites do - but my point is that in comparison to your competitors why is it that TCB are just so terrible at tracking a purchase in the first place and then tackling claims with retailers?

I have never had this level of frustration with Quidco.

Hence why right now, i have boycotted TCB until my claims are paid. And in the meantime if i enjoy making some noise on public forums to warn consumers away from TCB amd your poor performance, then please forgive me.
    Hey everyone,

@antrobus - For further info on how we make money please see the following help section post which we have crafted for you and any one else curious as to how the UKs most generous cashback site earns money to keep the website functional. https://www.topcashback.co.uk/Help/7

@stemcgoo - of course, to maintain a website and to keep everything fair we have to have terms and conditions to protect us (and you).

However, in direct answer to your question about tracking. While we don't know the ins and outs of other sites policies we do know one thing, to ensure the whole fairness of the tracking processes they have to use the same links, the same ways of tracking as us. The tracking system used was created way before cashback sites ever existed. We just use it for your benefit.

Just to remind you, the cashback site doesn't track purchases. It never has. The cashback site is simply the 'referrer' of the purchase or in short, the button you click.

What happens before and after that we can't prevent. Therefore, I can say with quite some certainty that if the tracking environment is the same it should track no matter who you click through from.

We will help you to give your transactions the best chance of tracking. Yes, as the wider industry grows and more and more people after your commission sometimes you do have to be aware of what could be preventing your tracking and this is what we are partly here to do, to help you along.

As you can see, your negativity towards our site has come to transactions not tracking, do you really think we'd allow that to happen if we could prevent it?

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Tatty_
    Tatty_ Posts: 1,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    TCB

I have posted before regarding a transaction that was confirmed and according to your stats, should have become payable, on average, after about 4 weeks. That was March 2017!!

Your reply to me in October was as follows

Looking into this merchant it looks like they have paid us twice this month but unfortunately this doesn't include the cashback for your specific transaction. However, I can see they are regularly paying us and so hopefully it won't be too much longer for your cashback to progress.

Despite some nudges, nothing has changed:mad:

So, we are some 14 months after the confirmed transaction. Can you see why people are getting frustrated with TCB? Surely you have some clout with the network, to apply pressure and get this sort of thing resolved???.........

Seriously fed up with TCB
  • Hello, I've been memeber of the TCB since 2014 and I could not login anymore and could not even reset the password. I've send an email to [EMAIL="Contact@topcashback.co.uk"]Contact@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL] on this regards.

Please could you help?

Thanks

Jamie
    Hi Tatty_

We can understand the frustration when cashback amounts aren't paid within the time frame we estimate on our website but we do greatly rely on the payment from the retailer in order to be able to pay this in your TopCashback account.

We do appreciate the time that you allow for your cashback to progress and since the affiliate networks are also eager to be paid, I can assure you that the payment will be chased up by them. We allow the retailer to pay us before we pay our members usually as it means we can offer a higher amount of cashback to you but sometimes this can take slightly longer to recover than we might of expected.

If you haven't messaged our customer care team recently within your account then it might be worth doing so in case we can provide any updates.

Best wishes,
    Jack
  • Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 905 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I recently took out a new Credit Card via the Topcashback Site. I chose the Chrome Credit card as it was offering £30. Cash back.
    I know my credit rating is perfect as I don’t owe anything. I completed the on line form and was immediately accepted.10 minutes later, I get a phone call from their call centre and the guy asks me the same questions again. Just in case I made any mistakes he said. He told me again I had been accepted and should receive the card in a few days.

I notice that the transaction didn’t track, I thought this slightly odd.
    It has just come to my attention that instead of sending me a Chrome Credit Card, they in fact sent me a Vanquis Credit Card, even though it was a Chrome Card I applied for.

I have now spoken with Vanquis Customer Services and been informed that their operator that called me, can sign me up for the card he thinks suits me best.

I should add that at no point did he say sorry we can’t give you a Chrome Card but you can have a Vanquis one.

No Topcashback due then as I applied for a Chrome Card.

Vanquis Customers Services told me that Topcasback should make customers aware that they may not get the card they apply for.

I thought I should bring this to the attention of others and also TopCashBack.
  • Tatty_
    Tatty_ Posts: 1,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Tatty_

We do appreciate the time that you allow for your cashback to progress and since the affiliate networks are also eager to be paid, I can assure you that the payment will be chased up by them. We allow the retailer to pay us before we pay our members usually as it means we can offer a higher amount of cashback to you but sometimes this can take slightly longer to recover than we might of expected.

If you haven't messaged our customer care team recently within your account then it might be worth doing so in case we can provide any updates.

Best wishes,
    Jack

I think that most people would consider over 1 year, more than 'slightly longer'!?

I am really fed up with TCB at the moment.

I'll do as you suggest, although I suspect that I'll be back here posting in a couple of months, with you reassuring me yet again that you're 'doing all you can' to chase this :mad:
  • Jamie987
    Jamie987 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 17 May 2018 at 10:26AM
    Can't Login Account??

Hello, I had my TCB account sicne 2014 and I've never made any payout from the accont. I've tried to login to make purchase recently but I could not login to the account. It did not allow me to reset the password either.

I am totally stuck here. Please could you help on this matter?

Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure