Flight delay compensation, all other EU airlines

Comments

• Yup - I'm just worried they are going to lie through their back teeth in an attempt to stop a payout. They sent us the details of the flight and it states 2 hour 55 minutes so I'm unsure how we can go about proving otherwise if they continue to claim that this was the length of the delay.

Also the reason for disruption they list on this e-mail isn't what was told to us on the plane, which is odd. They state 'this delay was caused by an earlier disruption within our network that had a direct effect on this flight. The original flight was disrupted due to technical difficulties '. It is true that we were put on a different aircraft last minute, but we were then sat on that plane for 2 hours because a warning light came on about heating/aircon that needed to be fixed.

Is there anyway I can ask the airport for any confirmation regarding what time the doors opened or is that just a laughable suggestion?

I don't know what they'll come back with and say but hopefully its a success story - can't believe how slippery they can be! Thanks for the help!
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Is there anyway I can ask the airport for any confirmation regarding what time the doors opened or is that just a laughable suggestion?

Maybe I'm wrong but I'd be surprised if anyone (airline or airport) makes a note of exactly when doors are opened. At least I've never seen any crew member make a note of this.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    jpsartre wrote: »
    Maybe I'm wrong but I'd be surprised if anyone (airline or airport) makes a note of exactly when doors are opened. At least I've never seen any crew member make a note of this.

I understand that the 'doors open' data is one of the parameters that does get recorded on every flight, so the airlines do have a record.

They quote 'landing time' because it is more favourable to them.

You can ask for this information at the 'disclosure' stage of court proceedings. It's the only time they cannot refuse to make it available to you during the claim procedure.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • I would ask for it at an earlier stage because while in other tracks, the parties are under a duty to disclose all relevant documents, in the small claims track, the parties only have to disclose documents on which they intend to rely.
    So at the directions questionnaire stage, I would ask the Court to direct that the airline discloses ALL documentation relevant to the flight.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    jpsartre wrote: »

Automatic data recording - the system is ACARS - crew members are not involved.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    111KAB wrote: »
    See - you come on here and learn something new everyday...:)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • 111KAB wrote: »

Oh this is good! So would it be reasonable of me to request what time the doors were recorded as opened as per the ACARS system?

Thanks all for your help!
  • Tyzap
    Oh this is good! So would it be reasonable of me to request what time the doors were recorded as opened as per the ACARS system?

Thanks all for your help!

It would be very reasonable, unfortunately they will probably be unreasonable. The airlines don't like to give information unless they have to.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Hi all,

So I sent my Notice Before Action (Vauban's template) off to Enter Air about 2/3 weeks ago, heard nothing back further to the offer of the £150 on basis of signing NDA...

@mcragg0607
    @Mr Nibz
    @Tinks19700

Or anyone else claiming for this delay, have any of you made any progress?

My next step is to start the legal action, NWNF I expect, although it makes me feel as though my potential €1600 is going to dwindle if it's awarded!

Any advice on the best NWNF to go with, happily received :)
  • Tyzap
    tonydata wrote: »
    Hi all,

So I sent my Notice Before Action (Vauban's template) off to Enter Air about 2/3 weeks ago, heard nothing back further to the offer of the £150 on basis of signing NDA...

@mcragg0607
    @Mr Nibz
    @Tinks19700

Or anyone else claiming for this delay, have any of you made any progress?

My next step is to start the legal action, NWNF I expect, although it makes me feel as though my potential €1600 is going to dwindle if it's awarded!

Any advice on the best NWNF to go with, happily received :)

Hi tonydata,

There is a lot of help here, why not DIY. If you really don't fancy it tho there is only one registered NWNF solicitor in the game, which is Botts. There are loads of NWNF claims assistance companies but they cannot initiate legal proceedings themselves, plus they are unregistered.

Good luck.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback