My Rights for Playstation Game

Hi,
I bought a game not through a third party for the Playstation, after checking Playstation's official Store to see if the game had subtitles. The website said it did have english subtitles in the game. After purchasing the game I found out that there was no subtitles included in the game and it had been described incorrectly. The third party will not give me a refund as they say it is a developers problem. I am trying to get Playstation to refund me but not getting anywhere. I am deaf so Subtitles are critical in all games and media I buy. Could someone please tel me what rights I have and who to chase for a refund.

Thank you all very much

Comments

• Annie35
    Annie35 Posts: 385 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    where did you purchase the game from & how did you pay?
  • Via Ebay and by Paypal
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Lodge a case with ebay or paypal,
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Lodge a case with ebay or paypal,

You miss the point (I think)
    The Ebay seller never said it had subtitles.
  • Annie35
    custardy wrote: »
    You miss the point (I think)
    The Ebay seller never said it had subtitles.

it doesnt really matter, open an item not as described case & you'll get a return/refund, its an automatic process. You dont need to explain any further in the case.

(Unless it was digital delivery then buyer protection doesnt apply)
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Hi,
    I bought a game not through a third party for the Playstation, after checking Playstation's official Store to see if the game had subtitles. The website said it did have english subtitles in the game. After purchasing the game I found out that there was no subtitles included in the game and it had been described incorrectly. The third party will not give me a refund as they say it is a developers problem. I am trying to get Playstation to refund me but not getting anywhere. I am deaf so Subtitles are critical in all games and media I buy. Could someone please tel me what rights I have and who to chase for a refund.

Thank you all very much

None, you bought from a private seller. YOU should've done more research
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Annie35 wrote: »
    it doesnt really matter, open an item not as described case & you'll get a return/refund, its an automatic process. You dont need to explain any further in the case.

(Unless it was digital delivery then buyer protection doesnt apply)
    Just FYI I would take court action against anyone that did this.
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Guest101 wrote: »

Good luck with that
  • Annie35
    Guest101 wrote: »

:eek::eek: how rude! so you've sold me a FAULTY item (as the official description from the manufacturer states it has subtitles) ... well!!! maybe you've sold me a FAKE hmm!! :eek: maybe i'll call the cops on you Guest101! what do you think about that! :rotfl:

Joking aside OP, open an item not as described & it's an automated process, seller gets their item returned & you get your refund.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Annie35 wrote: »
    :eek::eek: how rude! so you've sold me a FAULTY item (as the official description from the manufacturer states it has subtitles) ... well!!! maybe you've sold me a FAKE hmm!! :eek: maybe i'll call the cops on you Guest101! what do you think about that! :rotfl:

Joking aside OP, open an item not as described & it's an automated process, seller gets their item returned & you get your refund.

Nope,still missing it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport