Savings accounts deposits by Direct Debit? UPDATED

Comments

• flopsy1973
    flopsy1973 Posts: 624 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    JohnRo wrote: »
    I had missed this, DDs now setup. ta

Iv looked at this thread,but how are people getting round the 6 DD's required for the 3 BOS accounts i have

thanks
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    flopsy1973 wrote: »
    Iv looked at this thread,but how are people getting round the 6 DD's required for the 3 BOS accounts i have

thanks

2 Tesco, 2 Oxfam and 2 RSPCA at £1 each.
  • twang72
    twang72 Posts: 66 Forumite
    Marie curry
    https://www.mariecurie.org.uk/donate

http://www.redcross.org.uk/Donate-Now/Regular-Giving-Appeals

The trick to the above is to make sure its an regular donation (not one off) and select £1 in the box that says 'other' and then hit the go button after that and you will see direct debit form/process. Make sure you select pay "annually" on both charities, I think red cross limit is £2 but I end up paying £3 a year on both charities and the 2 DD work just fine.

I tried oxfam and rspca and many other charaties but they force you donate monthly, clicking single shows just a debit card so won't work.
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    flopsy1973 wrote: »

thanks

6 x Tesco DDs from 2 x Tesco Internet Saver a/c.
  • I had a Tesco Internet Saver which successfully pulled in DDs from other accounts in the past. Today I opened a Tesco Instant Access a/c thinking that I could pull in 3 DDs from Bank of Scotland using my Internet Saver and then another 3 DDs from Bank of Scotland using my Instant Access a/c.
    However, when I tried to set up the 1st DD from BoS from my original Tesco Internet Saver I got the message saying they would have to "do some more checks" and get back to me within 5 days.
    I rung them up and gave them the details over the phone but she said they did not recognise my BoS account. She said I should wait the 5 days and that they may ask for a statement from my BoS account (how do I get that when I do internet banking) or they may just not be able to set up the DD.
    Has anybody else had this problem?
    I'm jiggered if I can't set up the DDs from my 2 Tesco accounts.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    I had a Tesco Internet Saver which successfully pulled in DDs from other accounts in the past. Today I opened a Tesco Instant Access a/c thinking that I could pull in 3 DDs from Bank of Scotland using my Internet Saver and then another 3 DDs from Bank of Scotland using my Instant Access a/c.
    However, when I tried to set up the 1st DD from BoS from my original Tesco Internet Saver I got the message saying they would have to "do some more checks" and get back to me within 5 days.
    I rung them up and gave them the details over the phone but she said they did not recognise my BoS account. She said I should wait the 5 days and that they may ask for a statement from my BoS account (how do I get that when I do internet banking) or they may just not be able to set up the DD.
    Has anybody else had this problem?
    I'm jiggered if I can't set up the DDs from my 2 Tesco accounts.

How long have the BoS accounts been open?
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    It is probably because you only opened the Tesco accounts today. They probably need the 5 days for checks before you can set anything up to pull money in or take it out.
    We have DDs from our Tesco savings accounts to pull in all the interest from accounts with Santander, BoS, Nationwide & TSB. But they were all set up a few weeks after opening the Tesco accounts.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    It is probably because you only opened the Tesco accounts today. They probably need the 5 days for checks before you can set anything up to pull money in or take it out.
    We have DDs from our Tesco savings accounts to pull in all the interest from accounts with Santander, BoS, Nationwide & TSB. But they were all set up a few weeks after opening the Tesco accounts.

That may well be the case. Blocks are placed on new accounts until ID verification is complete (i.e. the signature form you send them through the post or certified ID if that is required) before you can transfer money so that may also prevent you setting up DDs. However if the account (BoS) you are trying to set up a DD on is recently opened it won't be reported to Experian yet and Tesco use Experian to verify accounts are in your name.
  • The BoS accounts have been opened for yonks and the Tesco account I was trying to set up the DD from has also been open for yonks and has successfuly been used for DDs before.
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    The BoS accounts have been opened for yonks and the Tesco account I was trying to set up the DD from has also been open for yonks and has successfuly been used for DDs before.

From reading other posts and from recent personal experience I think Tesco are having problems with their systems.

I have opened aTesco internet savings account and an easy access savings account to set up DDs for my BOS accounts.

All seemed OK and the first DDs were taken, but on trying to transfer money between Tesco accounts, on the internet saver although I can put money in, I can't transfer money out, even though I have set up payees which are shown on the account details.

Guess I will have to phone them to try and sort it. Also why on earth in 2016 does Tesco bank not have the facility of a secure e-mail contact system?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure