Shutl via Ebay

I saw this on the eBay boards yesterday and this morning got an email from eBay:
Congratulations, we’ve selected you to take part in a trial of our new delivery service. eBay delivery powered by Shutl enables you to:
Access more than 13,000 drop-off locations.
Print labels and have tracking uploaded seamlessly into My eBay.
Choose from a range of delivery options across UPS, CollectPlus and Hermes from as low as £2.70.
Pay for all your delivery costs in a single monthly invoice.
For more information on the service please look at our info page and FAQs. And, if anything goes wrong, Shutl will be on hand to deal with any queries from you and your buyers.
Take the hassle out of delivery and try the new service today:
When listing, select ‘eBay delivery - Shutl’.
When you've sold an item, simply click Print postage label on the My eBay: Sold page and you'll be able to print your labels.
The eBay Team and the Shutl Crew

There are some pretty decent prices and I have a UPS access point about 1/2 mile from me. Next day with UPS from £5.35 (and then it only goes up a few pence for larger weights) and it has £60 insurance cover.

I've just done my first few and it was relatively straight forward.

e7yolv.png

I haven't had the email on a secondary account but can confirm I've been able to print the postage from Shutl.

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks, I will consider this as I use Hermes for most things.

It says you don't have to print the label - ebay email you a barcode which you show in the shop they scan and print the label for you..

I wonder if all the shops are getting new equipment then.

I can see a few assistants getting frustrated having to print labels for people.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    How are you getting on with theonlywayisup?

I have a parcel to go to day over 3kg in weight and ebay are offering myhermes cheaply and I'm tempted to try it.

I'm hoping though that I can print my own label off.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • theonlywayisup
    soolin wrote: »
    How are you getting on with theonlywayisup?

I have a parcel to go to day over 3kg in weight and ebay are offering myhermes cheaply and I'm tempted to try it.

I'm hoping though that I can print my own label off.

Shutl have a Hermes offer on at the moment which is 10% off I think. I only use the UPS next day method and as long as my items are dropped off by the time the UPS man collects from the local garage they are all delivered the next day.

Anything over 2kg or over £50 now goes via UPS. I set my listings to 1 day dispatch and 2 day shipping and use same day dispatch and next day delivery and it's working out just perfect. I'm very impressed.
  • soolin
    Shutl have a Hermes offer on at the moment which is 10% off I think. I only use the UPS next day method and as long as my items are dropped off by the time the UPS man collects from the local garage they are all delivered the next day.

Anything over 2kg or over £50 now goes via UPS. I set my listings to 1 day dispatch and 2 day shipping and use same day dispatch and next day delivery and it's working out just perfect. I'm very impressed.

I'm giving it a go!

My item is only £24 so I've opted for the special offer MyHermes and I've printed off a label and will drop off this afternoon.

Fingers crossed.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • theonlywayisup
    Let us know how you get on. I'm am impressed, although I've been using it for a while I still don't know the invoice date and haven't seen a bill yet.

It may be even better when you can print more than one label at a time. I've also not found a way to turn off the automatic dispatch notification/tracking upload, but it's moot because they are going within time and the acceptance scan overrides everything!
  • Ineedaservant
    Ineedaservant Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I use MyHermes for my larger, heavier parcels so yesterday I decided to try Shutl. Once I authorised the billing through paypal (easy) it was really simple as ebay generated the label without me having to fill in any details, sender or buyer, and I just printed it off.

As previously mentioned, it would be good if you could print more than one label at a time, but that may change in time.

Also I noticed that (obviously) the address is as typed by the buyer, complete with all the typos; how that is going to work with some of the numptys who don't know their own addresses. Who is going to be responsible for undeliverable parcels?

I was a little worried when I dropped them off as it was the first time and the label layout is different, would the shop be able to accept them? But all was OK.

In the hands of fate now
  • soolin
    Mine has gone to the shop and I have the usual blue receipt. The only worry is that when I enter the tracking is shows as 'format not recognised' and it certainly looks to be completely different to the usual tracking I would get.

I'll try again later but am a little worried.
  • theonlywayisup
    I use MyHermes for my larger, heavier parcels so yesterday I decided to try Shutl. Once I authorised the billing through paypal (easy) it was really simple as ebay generated the label without me having to fill in any details, sender or buyer, and I just printed it off.

As previously mentioned, it would be good if you could print more than one label at a time, but that may change in time.

Also I noticed that (obviously) the address is as typed by the buyer, complete with all the typos; how that is going to work with some of the numptys who don't know their own addresses. Who is going to be responsible for undeliverable parcels?

I was a little worried when I dropped them off as it was the first time and the label layout is different, would the shop be able to accept them? But all was OK.

In the hands of fate now

You can amend the address and I suggest you DO! I still amend and check against RM post code checker. I manually add the relevant capital letters that buyers seem to have lost these days. All this should come, it's a beta test.

As for the tracking, I've only used UPS. Is the Hermes tracking similar to something you would get when using P2G or similar - i.e., their own? The UPS tracking leads direct from the sale page to the UPS tracking site.
  • theonlywayisup
    edited 16 May 2017 at 4:37PM
    soolin wrote: »
    Mine has gone to the shop and I have the usual blue receipt. The only worry is that when I enter the tracking is shows as 'format not recognised' and it certainly looks to be completely different to the usual tracking I would get.

I'll try again later but am a little worried.

What does it show when you click through from the eBay order page?

This is what my UPS eBay order page looks like:

eti6ue.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family